ADVERTISEMENT

Monte Soccer morphs to Highlander Soccer

Highlander Soccer

May 9, 2009
Hi,

If you've been around this board longer than a year, you know me as the prolific poster AKA Monte Soccer. I took a year off of coaching for many reasons, but I am happy to say I am back amongst the ranks and will be coaching at Hazen High School in Renton in the fall. Hazen is a 3A school in the Seamount League with a private powerhouse named Kennedy. We haven't been to state since 1993 and have finished in the middle of the pack in recent years.

I have been anxious to relay this news to my fellow coaches and posters however, this is a busy time of the year for many of you with districts and preparing for state. But I hope I can sneak in with this announcement between key games!

I have to say one thing - Dudes, this forum has been pretty vanilla this last year. I've been watching. Flat Back, Clank, Jens, N-Soccer, Ranger, the rest of you. I've missed the good natured ribbing and attempts at world domination we've shared on here.

Well, you'll be hearing from me again. 3A in the Seattle area will start getting coverage on here.

Good luck to all you still alive in playoffs.

Ken Matthews
AKA Highlander Soccer
This post was edited on 5/15 9:59 PM by Highlander Soccer

Good luck...you will need it against Kennedy.

You should have a constant supply of club players, unlike your days in Montesano. Renton has a very good club program, Greater Renton FC (GRFC), which is led by Leighton O'Brien. The GRFC 94 girls (going to be frosh) were super talented, and the GRFC 93 girls (going to sophs) are high quality also. Hopefully a few are headed your way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT