ADVERTISEMENT

Monte vs. Royal

I still gotta say Royal. Monte is rolling, they've figured some things out but I truly think that Royal will take it back to the East Side. Monte will put up a great fight but I think Royal wins by 1-2 scores.

Depends on which team wins the turnover battle.

Royal played sloppy and they won't pull out a win against a disciplined Monte team next week.

Monte is playing disciplined football and after so many years of being knocked out in the quarterfinals and semi-finals would love nothing better than to win it all again.

I'm going to take Monte in a mild upset, 27-25.

Montesano made it look easy against a very good Mount Baker team. I agree with the post above, Royal will have to bring their "A" game. After King's lost I thought it was Royal's to lose, but I believe it could go either way now. Pulling for Montesano in this one.

Dogs rolling now. Very few to's, great defense, good ball control offense, Great coaching...as do Knights. My nod goes to Maroon Nation in a one score differance game.

Congrats Terry and Matt Jensen and all the bulldog nation, bring home the gold ball.

Royals coaching staff knows how to adapt. Monte, cashmere, Kings etc have all shown they do not over the past 5 years. Royal by 14

Actually King's adapted quite well to having a really good D-1 quarterback this year and even showed they could run the football when needed. You don't beat Lynden and Archbishop Murphy and Lakewood in one season without adapting your style of play pretty well.

Kings did nothing this year new. with a D1 QB they SHOULD have done better. not sure what you think they adapted to. the murphy they played was obviously in turmoil, lynden had no time to prepare. lakewood was a quality win, but the same kind of track meet we have seen out of kings teams for a while. hoquiam was a solid W, but they usually have at least one in the playoffs. kings had a good runner last year too. so nothing new really and same old result, getting bounced out by a better prepared team despite having quality athletes. that was what they haven't adapted to.

Im still laughing at Warrant3's post.....Mount Baker good?? I have seen better 1B teams with exactly 9 kids on the team. Mount Baker was the weakest and worst opponent any team has had to face in the dome. Besides that, Royal has a Qb and RB but they are fast and monte will have their work load. GO DOGS

This post was edited on 11/28 10:29 AM by Frodo2010

I guess I'm saying that they did a lot with the talent they had and Billy Green getting injured was a big factor in their losing to Montesano...as well as probably playing on the road for some reason twice in a row despite being the #1 team in the State.

They put up some SERIOUS points all season long against quality competition when Green was healthy and their defense seemed improved...only giving up 15 points to Murphy, 13 to Hoquiam and 17 to Montesano when the offense couldn't move the ball.

The thud at the end of the season doesn't change that. Plus, the lessons those boys learned besides winning are lessons they can take forward the rest of their lives.

Just sayin'...it's shouldn't be a "#1 or no-one" mentality.

Well I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my post Frodo2010. It's always good to see another self-proclaimed internet expert hard at work. Yes, Mount Baker was a good team. They were one of only 4 teams left in the tournament when the got beat by Montesano. They ran into a better team. It happens. Is Capital a bad team because they got boat-raced by Lynden in the 2A semis? Monte would make alot of teams look bad they way they are playing right now. But hey, now there are two of us laughing.

Just: all fair points, but they were really good this year and your comment suggests they weren't. Defense definitely got better, and offense did score a lot. They should have done better and I am just frustrated at the decisions that seem to always bite them this time of year. Kids remember winning. I doubt there was anything really different about what the players got that doesn't go on everywhere in small riend. You just have to see the support in places like MontE and Hoquiam and Royal to know they learn great things too. You ever been to Pop Kearney on a Friday night when the junior football players are there? Awesome. So it's not like what they do is all that unique.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT