ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Baker vs. Toledo

I have not seen Mt. Baker but I have seen Toledo. From what I hear Baker is very physical. I beleive Toledo can handle the physical play and win a spot in Yakima.

It will be very physical between them I think Toledo will win but you never know, especially since they upset Cascade last week. where and when is this being played?

Game is being played in Chehalis, 20 min up the highway for Toledo. Also, Toledo played its last two district games there. They will have a big fan base there as they had the band, a good loud student section, and probably another 450 people packed into the Toledo section in both levels at WFW last wkend for the District championships. I would anticipate as many if not more there on Sat. They really love their basketball down here it will be loud and getting crazy.

So will the Toledo fans be cheering for their league-mates against kings in the game before or is there no love lost?

I'm an NWC guy who's also seen Toledo play once. Toledo should win this one, but if a break goes Baker's way, they could ride a really recent hot streak to a win. The guy to watch for them is Murashov

That's the million dollar ? At Kalama 3 weeks ago there was a loose ball on the floor and 6 kids ended up in a pile going for it. The Rakoz kid comes up with a loose tooth and blood all over him. The Vossen kid from Kalama comes up with blood gushing out his head pouring down his face, his coach gets a towel up against it and he proceeds over into the Toledo huddle screaming at Rakoz until his coach pulls him out as the refs stepped in. Know one could really figure out how he could blame anyone as there were two of his team mates in the middle of it but he carried it over to the game Sat night. In that game Rakoz had a breakaway and Vossen got to the basket on an angle at the same time and clotheslined Rakoz as he went up, wrapped his other arm around him and threw him down. No effort at all for the ball. The officials immediately called an intentional and stepped in between the kids when Rakoz popped up. It was the cheapest, most vicious flagrant foul I've seen since the you-tube videos of last yr. Then the same kid blows up a screen no more than 2 minutes later after re-entering the game. I respected the fact Stemkowski sat him for awhile after that one and the kid played a lot more under control the rest of the game. So, yeah there probably isn't any love lost between these two teams, although I think the rest of these kids from both teams are classy and appear to have a lot of respect for each other. I would think that they would be supportive of seeing their league well represented at state. I know the Rakoz and Trafalet kid has played in the off season with some of the Kalama boys and understand there's some pretty solid friendships/respect there. I for one would like to see that representation on the east side and I think Scott M would too. Now the fans, that could be another matter, they're not a very forgiving bunch.

I was at that Kalama Toledo game too. That was a great high school basketball game. It was also my first 1A contest that I have ever seen. I am pulling for Toledo as a relative has a friend whose grandson plays for Toledo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT