ADVERTISEMENT

Now excepting Nominations for the Team Award for

harrper1999

Dec 27, 2009
Now excepting Nominations for the Team Award in the following category -

Dribble dribble dribble dribble, step back dribble, dribble crossover dribble dribble, go to the left dribble dribble dribble, back to dribble the right dribble dribble, jab step dribble step back, spin dribble move dribble dribble, look confused dribble, dribble dribble dribble, dribble crossover dribble dribble, dribble turn around dribble, dribble dribble miss the cutter dribble, dribble miss the dribble spot up 3 shooter dribble, dribble jab step, dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble pick up the ball I’m now trapped turnover 30 sec shot clock violation.

Please let us know which team(s) you wish to nomanate.

Misread the post, sorry harper. N/M
This post was edited on 3/8 12:15 PM by HockSports

Hocksport -

I think harrper is talking about the teams that dont push the tempo with passing. If you were at 4A this lat week there were a couple of examples of this with the Jackson boys and Issi and EW on the girls side. Jackson run the ball up count fast because of foot speed but passing forward will beet foot speed every time. There were, using my bad memory, Jackson missed 3 or 4 opportunities to pass forward to ketch Kentwood in transition for a walk in lay up

The extreme example of this is EW just dribbling the ball up court every time going for a slug it out style on every position. On a rebound the front line person just controls the ball looks for the PG who takes the pass and then holds the ball waits for the defender to come to her then dribbles the ball up court so that the offence doesn’t get started tell 10 seconds have ticked off the shot clock..

The reason that you don’t see many shot clock violations is that since you are down to the best teams in the state so all the kids on the floor have the court smarts to know where the shot clock count is at all times so at worst you have a quick bomb go off at 2 or 3 seconds to go.

Haatchetman has the right idea.

I think Issi would have been the the Simi's if they passed up more and EW would have mayby run AR out of the gym in the 1st half with 4 or 5 transition baskets and had a lead of upwards of 15pts at half. Then with the bad shooting switching from AR to EW in the second with EW getting some extra buckets off pussing the ball up court they just might have pulled this one out. Walking the ball up court to face AR's set D is just madness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT