5. Little_Lion_Man 14
5. Rainmaker2112 14
5. BE Fan 14
5. innocentbystanderLL 14
11. shs2209 13
11. football_fever3 13
13. LTWG&G 9
13. Runhardrunfree 9

And here are the week 4 matchups. Be sure to have picks in by Friday at 6:30, in order to have your picks count:

Sedro Woolley @ Lynden
Anacortes @ Lynden Christian
Sehome @ Meridian
Blaine @ Bellingham
Abbottsford Collegiate @ Squalicum
GOTW: Ferndale @ Burlington

Lynden - I'm going to pick a Sedro Woolley game right for the first time!

Lynden Christian - Anacortes is bad. I mean might-not-win-a-game-all-year bad. LC only loses this game if they lose the turnover battle by more than 2...

Meridian - I think this will be a closer game... Sehome is on the up, have a good coach in place, and Meridian has had a lot of struggles to start - but they've played good teams and got some momentum from last weeks W.

Blaine - Gobbato gets another 32 carries and 300 yards.

Squalicum - rule of thumb: always pick against Canadian teams.

GOTW: Burlington. On paper it looks like a close game, but my gut tells me BE wins big. At Burlington, with a great start to the year, coming off a big win against Mount Vernon, and Ferndale hasn't faced this caliber opponent yet.

Lynden...I thought Sedro would be 2-1 or 3-0 going into this game. I still think they have some talent, but no match for Lions

Lynden Christian...I agree with earlier poster that Anacortes is going to struggle to win a game.

Sehome...Not sure if it was a bad game or what but Meridian did not look good when I watched them play B-E.

Blaine...Bellingham can score, but can't stop anyone again this year.

Squalicum...

B-E...I expect a nail biter in this game. B-E offense is clicking early and have multiple threats they can run a power game or a quick hit rushing attack and spread the ball around passing. Other than Meridian game their defense has been suspect against the pass. We'll see how they look against the wing T.

Lynden OVER Sedro Woolley: Lynden looked absolutely awesome in the opening quarter against Baker. Kraght was again being rotated out in the 2nd (for the 2nd straight week). From week 1 to week 3, I am not sure any team has improved as much as the Lions. If true, that could be scary for the rest of the conference.

Lynden Christian OVER Anacortes: Anacortes is just not very good. Neither is LC, but they are starting to put things together over there. If LC can keep #81 in check, and not allow him to have his way down the field, they will come away with this W.

Sehome OVER Meridian: This could be one of the closer games of the week. Meridian has been tested early on against some pretty good football teams. Sehome started out really rough, but has rebounded well as of late, including giving Ferndale a run for their money late in the game.

Blaine OVER Bellingham: I agree with the post above, can score points, but cant slow down anyone. I am interested to see what this year's Blaine O-line can do against a quality team (have not played one yet), but this week will not be it.

Squalicum OVER BC: When was the last time this many Canadian schools came down to play a Whatcom County team? Not sure I have ever seen this many in one year. Have to say I am not a fan of it. There is just zero competition that comes from it. How does that help prepare a team for a playoff run? Ok, that said, Squalicum sends them back across the border, and the Canadians as a whole remain without a win down here in the USofA.

Burlington OVER Ferndale: Burlington was tested against a very good Mt Vernon team. The MV QB threw the ball almost at will, but the Bulldogs had a hard time slowing down the Tiger's offense. This does not bode well against other passing teams with good defenses (Lynden), but wont be the case against the usual Ferndale offense. Either way, should be a physical game, I just think the Burlington O will be too much for the Eagles.

Lynden beats Sedro-Wooley, 55-7. Kramme calls off dogs early. Sedro is a run team that's not as good as Mount Baker and look at what happened last week to them.

Lynden Christian beats Anacortes, 28-7. LC will pound the ball and Anacortes showed they couldn't stop Friday Harbor early in the season.

Sehome over Meridian, 28-27. Sehome has improved and with Garcia and the younger Rapp running the ball their speed will get the Mariners to a big lead early. Of course, Meridian will fight back at home and make it exciting at the end as Sehome let's up.

Blaine over Bellingham, 50-7. This is not close. Gabatto goes for 275+ rushing and 5TDs. Bellingham doesn't have the horses this year and without that they won't stop Super Mario.

Squalicum beats Abbotsford Collegiate, 28-14 Close, but no cigar as the neighbors from the North as shown the unwelcome mat by the Storm.

GOTW: Burlington over Ferndale, 35-24. Tigers too much for Ferndale this year. Might be due to the Mayan calendar and the fact that there aren't and Locker's waiting in the wings. Ferndale almost lost to Sehome and they are no Burlington-Edison.

Lynden.........by 20 plus
Anacortes....Played decent for 3 quarters against Sehome....Just got a feeling.
Sehome......Too much speed for the Trojans
Blaine....could be high scoring game
Squalicum.....The Storm will get a chance to play the whole roster
Ferndale.......Ok......a chance to separate from the pack......will be at this one.

Lynden ...... Probably won't be close.
LC ..... Could be close.
Sehome .... Meridian seems to be down this year but wouldn't be surprised to see them win this one either.
Blaine ...... Should be a fun game to watch
Squalicum .... Should win this easily, will be interesting to see how they do with the tough games ahead.
Burlington .... Tough call but will go with BE playing at home.

Lynden
LC
Meridian
Blaine
Squally
BE
I think I just picked all of the smaller schools to win.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT