ADVERTISEMENT

**NWC Pick'Em 2012** Standings and Week 5 Picks

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Not one person picked all the games correctly last week (Thanks Ferndale). Here are the updated standings after FOUR weeks:

1. Scorebooks 22
2. believeinone 21
2. Smallpox 21
4. NWC Fballfan 19
4. borderite2000 19
4. LW-Observer 19
4. Little_Lion_Man 19
4. innocentbystanderLL 19
9. Rainmaker2112 18
9. BE Fan 18
11. shs2209 17
11. fever3 17
13. Runhardrunfree 14
14. LTWG&G 9

And here are the week FIVE matchups. Remember, to have your picks in by Friday at 6:30pm. Goodluck to all the teams this week!

Burlington @ Anacortes
Lynden @ Sehome
Squalcium @ Ferndale
GOTW: Sedro @ Bellingham (Saturday)

Burlington OVER Anacortes: If the Seahawks can not find a W against Lynden Christian, there is no way they will find one against Burlington. Should be a running clock in the 3rd quarter.

Lynden OVER Sehome: No one has slowed down Lynden's offense yet this season (including Kings). I do not forsee the Mariners being the first either. Sehome definitely has some athletes at the skill positions (Rapp, TiTi, and Zeigler), but without a line blocking for them, I don't see them outscoring the Lions in this one.

Ferndale OVER Squal: Squalicum's "magical ride" comes to an end this week, as the stronger and faster Golden Eagles take care of business.

Sedro OVER Bellingham: I think this will be closer than some think. Bellingham can score points, their problem has been keeping others off of the board. I got the chance to see Sedro last Friday, and was not at all impressed with their offensive line. They have a couple of quick backs, but did not move the ball at all until Lynden's 3rd stringers were in there. A couple of turnovers, and Bellingham might be close enough at the end to steal this one away.

Burlington..Hopefully a chance to heal physically & emotionally.
Lynden......Playoffs yet?
Ferndale....Their physicality is what impressed me the most.
Sedro........I agree this could go either way.

Burlington..... Easily
Lynden ........ Starting to get healthier which is scary for their remaining opponents.
Ferndale ...... Squalicum's first REAL test, don't think they pass.
Sedro .......... This one worries me though.

Burlington - Anacortes hasn't scored a point at home yet this season... that might not change on Friday...

Lynden - Sehome is better than last year, but no match - Subs in for Lynden last drive before halftime...

Ferndale - Squalicum meets a real football team for the first time all season...

Sedro - They've got a couple decent runners, and I think Bellingham's only win may come against Anacortes...

Burlington......will bounce back
Lynden.......Roll On
Squalicum........worked last week as no one saw Ferndale beating BE
Sedro.........High scoring affair......could go either way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT