ADVERTISEMENT

Okanogan lets Kings into the late game King's 49 Okanogan-48

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
Okanogan has the ball and a 2 point lead with around 30 seconds left an let's King get off a three pointer with about 10 seconds remaining. Great clutch shot, no mistake about that, but this was Okanogan's game to let slip away.

fixed title.
This post was edited on 3/9 9:07 AM by FilmDoesn'tLie

Re: Okanogan let's Kings into the late game King's 49 Okanogan-48

I'm not even sure how to interpret or respond to your post. This was an epic contest between two outstanding teams. Close throughout, it came down to King's making the decision to set up a play to shoot the three rather than challenging the Okanogan "big's." It was a great shot by an outstanding Freshman. Okanogan still enough time to get into front court and get off a clean shot. Their best player (Rivas) had the ball. He should have been the one taking the last shot, but instead passed to a teammate. Neither the Okanogan players, nor their Head Coach have anything to regret or apologize for. They left it all on the court. The Bulldogs didn't let anything "slip away."

I agree it was an outstanding game, perhaps the top one in the tourney so far, for sure in top 3, and yes it is a provocative post subject. I am not going to go into the 5 specific plays and players in the final minute + that left me with that strong impression, but I stand by it and have my film to back it up. We all know every play in every other minute of a game contributes to a loss or victory not just the ones in the final ticks. You are entitled to see the ending with another perspective. Again, I am not trying to take anything away from a great freshmen shooter I've seen make 3 of these last second shots now. I was on the King's side rooting them on. I also felt after reflecting on games I watched that elevated clock (scoreboard) placement and lack of backboard buzzer lights is an unfortunate uniqueness of playing in the dome that could easily be improved.

I appreciate your perspective. Congratulations to your favorite team as well, for their fine performance at this year's Tournament.

Thanks, I am proud of our kids who outperformed expectations. I should note with the pending CPC move to Cascade, I'll likely be more frequently watching last shots from that freshmen for the next 3 years and posting more accolades. Looking forward to tipoff in 20 minutes to see what is in store "toknight".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT