ADVERTISEMENT

Outcast - Weekend Monroe/Granite Falls Tourney

DrainA3

Jan 14, 2005
Outcast,
How'd the RB Sports AAU tournament go this weekend in Granite Falls/Monroe? Who won, who played, and who were the good players in the tourney?

We lost to Eastside Magic in the championship game in a very exciting game. it was a 1 point game with 20 seconds left and we turned it over trying to take the lead.
Eastside magic is a very good team with a lot of young talent and well coached. Eastside magic blew everyone else out by 20-30 points.
We had them were we wanted them but could not close the deal.
Breakaway from Lynnwood got blown out in the semis by magic. Despite having graduating seniors on there team. They brought kids in from Kings, Edmonds woodway, meadowdale and Mariner but the Magic still put a good whoopin on them. We beat Hoopahollics by 25 or so to make the finals.
As for top players in the tourney performance wise, you would have to go with Fuhlendorf (magic) he brings his "A" game all the time. Smart player.
Shot well from the arch and was tough to defend going to the hole.
The kid also has a great attitude.
R.J. Perkins (outcasts) also had a great weekend, finally broke out of his shooting slump and hit 21 out of 27 attempts from the three point line. Defensively he shut down everyone he guarded.The teams that did try to press us got out of it quick because R.J. kept breaking it.
Shawn Wolters (outcasts) played well at both ends of the court and was once again the most intimidating player in the tourney. He played outstanding "D" and threw down some monster dunks.
I was also very impressed with the Big man for the Magic. He goes to Lakes but i dont remember his name. He has some of the best Footwork for any big man around western wa. He just needs to hustle all the time and not pout when things dont go his way. He will be a force in the near future. Nick Ritter out of Cedarcrest had a great weekend playing the 4 and 5 spot for us. very athletic and a good slasher. Good man on man defender and also had some nice dunks. I felt my whole team played well this weekend considering we have had no practice since the end of the Premier league. I am looking forward to getting the boys back in the Gym to get ready for the "True Players" tourney next month.
I would definately like a rematch with Eastside magic when i can get my whole team together. Might be a different outcome, But then again maybe not. Not taking anything away from the Magic, but we let that one get away.
Its just a lot of fun to play the good teamswin or lose.
One last thing, i know that nobody will believe me but Granite falls could be pretty good this year. Looks like they have a new big guy that moved to town that is very athletic. He really helped them the out this weekend.
There guard play is good and the boys they have playing together now have been together since they were little kids.
So, DrainA3 i think you were at the tourney this weekend, what was your take.

Thanks for the update Outcast1. It's good to hear that RJ had a good tourney. He should have a couple of big years with Sultan.

ADVERTISEMENT