ADVERTISEMENT

Paging Big77...

wvhs78

Jul 31, 2003
Greetings Big..are you coming to the WV/TBS game tomorrow in beautiful downtown Menlo? Would like to say hello if you are - have a great day :D

Sorry, I didn't check the board before your page. I was there.....the only TBS fan on the far side of the field. I can take a loss, but this is killin' me. Yeah, #8's little brother was starting at right tackle and middle linebacker....freshman. That should tell you the state of TB ball right now. Young. REAL young.

Sorry, I didn't check the board before your page. I was there.....the only TBS fan on the far side of the field. I can take a loss, but this is killin' me. Yeah, #8's little brother was starting at right tackle and middle linebacker....freshman. That should tell you the state of TB ball right now. Young. REAL young.

Hello Big..you probably heard me on the PA ;) Yeh, TBS is young but they'll be plenty tough in a few years :O What did you think of that play where Bannish picked up the blocked punt and ran it in for a TD?

I think that we had a bunch of Pacific County refs on the field. That was no td. It probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but it was a very bad call that totally took the wind out of the sails of a young TB team. You guys want us to bring some of our 4A refs to the next one?

lol..well I thought that play was kind of strange - not sure if it was legal or not, maybe because the ball didn't go past the lineoscrimmage it was a live ball? I thought for sure that Coach Smith was going to blow his toplike St. Helens :D

Yeah, Smith was red hot, and really had every right to be. Up to that point, TB was playing pretty tough ball. I don't think they would have won, but it would have been nice to see some fight in them for the whole game. That play didn't help. Youth doesn't help either. TB needs to learn how to fight even when the going gets tough. Hopefully these players will get there some day. There is a tradition of good football at TB and these guys need to step up to the plate and keep it going.

This post was edited on 10/23 2:56 PM by Big77if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

TBS will be back, I have no doubt ;) Anyway, maybe I'll see you next time we play - have a great week!

You need to research the rules 77. If the ball does not cross the LOS it can then be advanced. It was a legal play and the right call. Maybe some of your 4A refs can explain the rule to you.

Can't say,maybe he thought it had passed the LOS or perhaps that the ball had went out of bounds, as the ball went close to the sideline.

Ball was never touched by TB and did cross the line. My problem with the refs wasn't the bad call, but the fact that they all kept passing the buck around.

"I didn't see it, he saw it".............."No, t wasn't me, it was him"..........."What do you mean it was me?" I was there on the sideline and that's what I heard. It's was like they left their balls in the loocker room.

That was ridiculous. Not a game changer, but definitely not a good thing.

Over and Out.

ADVERTISEMENT