ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: 1A/B Girls??????????

WH#1player

Oct 12, 2003
I know people dont like to talk about the girls that much, but come on give us some input!

Good point. Girls Golf in the SCAC hasn't been all that strong for the last few years--outside of a few teams. Numbers are fluctuating, almost daily, so it hard to get a good read about the state of competition among the girls. So far, I'd say the Highland kid has separated herself from the rest of the pack--she's capable of upper 80's low 90's just about anywhere. After her, though, things get really competitive with a whole slew of girls capable of shooting in the low 100's. We only get 6 girl spots at State this year, which really makes Districts at Desert Aire a battle among about 12-13 girls fighting for spots 2-6. Right now I'd say these are the # from respective schools with at least a chance to qualify:

Royal: Anywhere from 1-4 Royal girls could possibly shoot 110 or better.
Highland: 2-3 real possiblities
Zillah: 2, with a real outside shot at a 3rd to maybe compete
Warden: 2
Wahluke: 2
Goldendale: 2, at the most
WWVA has no girls team, and the boys have been disbanded due to poor grades. Wow.

Everything is pretty much conjecture at this point in the season. The next three weeks will shake things out more clearly as eveyr school enters into the meat of their schedule. Good luck to all the players! Bring on the sunshine!

ADVERTISEMENT