ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: toughest track events

drive_cobra

Dec 18, 2005
write in also welcome
This post was edited on 1/16 2:55 PM by drive_cobraif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I know it sounds like I'm just screwin around but the shot put. Do you know how heavy that ball is. Like 100 kilos or somthing.

I would think that pole vault or javelin would be the toughest since form is such a big factor in how well you do.

For running events I think the 800m and perhaps the 3200m are the toughest events. For field events, I'd pick pole vault and hammer because they are so technical.

The toughest running events, in my opinion, are probably the 400 and the 1600. The 400 is one incredibly long sprint, and the mile takes alot of endurance but also some speed. On the field the high jump seems pretty difficult... it takes some skills. And also the shot. It takes pure strength. I have never actually done the high jump or shot put so I could be wrong...

Well, of course, the toughest track event are really the multi-events! Unfortunately, although we call the decathlon winner in the Olympics "The Greatest Athlete in the World", we in the US seem to disregard that and leave the aspiring multi-eventer to fend for his/her own self. The good thing about the decathlon, though, is that many of the events are somewhat similar and so can be learned as a group.

Im glad the 300 low hurdles are getting some respect. In my mind it is the toughest event. Only those who run it can begin to understand the difficulty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT