ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who will win the MVL and GSL regional tournament?

May 23, 2005
Who will win regionals?
- Nick Rooney
- Eric Iliff
- Richard the III
- Oliver Lei
- Jonathan B.
- or Khalid Benedicto who tries to makes a return as a super senior and would probably lose in the first round anyways.

Eric Iliff Hands down and Khalid tragically has a asthma attack and is taken to the hospital to lay in a coma for 6 years
This post was edited on 5/23 6:35 PM by tennisbeastif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

what the heck was that about. Honestly the GSL is very weak this year. Singles out of Regionals will be #1 Oliver Lei, #2 Alison (SELAH), doubles the pleshas and collinsworth and brantner. Thats how it will be because ERIC ILIFF chokes in big matches (ive watched him play) and rooney is weak. The doubles teams from clarkston are alright but nothing special and will both probably lose in the first round. Hopefully the GSL suprises me and comes up big but i just dont c it.

why you gotta ruin everyones fun. Just because you lack the spiritual connection to the tennis ball that only us mormons possess.

i think that lei will end up winning. it will be close between rooney and aliston, but i think aliston will win if he plays his game and he could take oliver if he goes to the net a little more and moves him around. as for doubles the pleshas have the likelyhood to win but i hope brantner and collinsworth will give them a run. i don't know about any doubles teams from the GSL, anyone know?

I don't think you've seen rooney play this year. I'm being honest and notr biased at all. Rooney will beat lei straight sets. I saw lei play at pasco and he is not on the level that rooney is. UI am not going to talk anymore but just wait until regionals and you will see what I mean. Muszynski will break lei down in his semifinal match and that will be that. I feel sorry for Bedford who has to play Muszynski in the first round. Curtis and Turnbow the #1 seeds are good. Curtis and allen tucker beat hanford last year for a spot to state. Tucker has graduated but turnbow has filled in nicely. Honestly though, MVL doubles are probably just too good. Brantner and Collinsworth spanked curtis and tucker last year and it will probably be the same this year.
This post was edited on 5/24 9:41 AM by tennisbeastif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 5/24 9:43 AM by tennisbeastif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

i just havent watched rooney play this year so i could be in for a suprise when i see him play but the way he was playing last year i think i could take him. Not saying that he is a bad player just very consistant and not that many weapons, but neither aliston or lei have big weapons. that doubles team from GSL wasn't too bad from last year, but i think your right that they probably wont stand a chance unless they could take advantage of Brantners underhand serve.

how old is rooney? i hope to see him in some tournaments this summer.
This post was edited on 5/24 9:00 PM by WVwinnerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

He is a Senior and his serve and groudstrokes have gotten considerably better. The main thing he now has is confidence and that is a big thing to have when you go after shots. You say you could probably have taken him, do u play or what grade are u in.

i dont want to tell too much info but i will be playing there also and u can watch me play. i wish rooney all the luck.

Your name is WVwinner so i could assume u are either, Merell, Collinsworth, or Brantner. Also you talked about takin advantage of the underhand serve and were kinda modest about doubles so i will say its probably a doubles player. I dont remember Merrell last year so i dont think its him. Where is the Cavanaugh kid from.
This post was edited on 5/25 9:36 AM by gsldawgif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Nice job, but there is five of us that use this name and split the cost. i don't even know who on the team even plays tennis in the summer. are any of the players out of GSL on the same team?
This post was edited on 5/25 4:02 PM by WVwinnerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

So as WVWinner who the hell are you anyways because i know you don't split the name with five other people from wv, you're making up a bunch of crap. As to who I think will make it to state I think its up in the air for grabs because I know Alliston, Lei, Belford, and Rooney all have a strong shot at the top 2 spots. I don't really know the others from the GSL but we'll see how it plays out. One more thing as a side note, where are you pedro....oh that's right...you're done with tennis because you got knocked out, but I thought you said you were going to win districts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT