ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie beats Camas

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Camas was up a point or two at halftime

Prairie took control in the second half, 66-45 final score

Camas played a heck of a game. That final score doesn't show it but Camas really was in that game until very late. They really did have some big girls and gotta hand it to Prairie as they overcame that and won the game. I think the way Camas has been beating up on everyone else they play they came in with some confidence. Varsity boys game was great, halftime show was great.
This post was edited on 1/27 11:55 PM by statewide

Statewide, how were Corral's minutes? I see she scored 12 points, did she look good and play quite a bit?

And Camas boys are young... they lost 11 of 12 varsity players last year and still doing decent... a 23-year-old Hockinson grad is their head coach... very impressive young basketball mind, hopefully a longterm coach there!

Prairie boys are competitive, but they are certainly no state-bound team.

Corral looked good but not great. She was a little rusty on her drive to the basket. She played most of the game. Yeah, the Prairie boys are a decent team but not a great team. Even if they made it to Regionals, I don't think they will have much of a run.

As we have discussed before, Prairie will have their hands full if they play a team with big inside girls. They just don't really have the players to deal with a real star center. It has been awhile since Prairie has had those type of big girls.

Regional play will be a challenge for this team with out doubt. Waiting beyond that will be Kamiakin and a highly regarded Cleveland team. Both will pressure the ball and they have the speed and athletism to create habick in the passing lanes. Prairie will need to utilize their team to create a threat in the paint to be successful at that level. They were fortunate to win last night as it was evident that the Camas coaching staff implemented the right game plan to have a chance to defeat the Falcons. As you have stated, this game was alot closer than the score indicates. The Falcons have a couple of weeks to mend for the most part but don't look past Kelso late next week. Camas learned from that.
This post was edited on 1/28 12:06 PM by wasports

They definitely haven't shown ability to maintain a big post, but I know they have it. Aldridge needs to have them practice a tight zone real well. That's not foolproof but I've seen many teams at the tournament in recent years who had no players above 5'10 or 5'11 use a zone and limit or even fully cut off a big dominant post.

It's doable... hard as hell to do... but its doable....

The Falcons can manage one sizable post. The difficult matchup will be teams like Skyview and Camas that have several sizable players. The Falcon speed doesn't get them in the air. It takes away the paint on offense and if the tre's aren't poppin, the Dome won't come knockin'.

I remember a few years back Prairie played Bothel at the state tournament. They had the 6'7"
Cori Enghusen. Prairie played that type of zone and Bothel could not get the ball into her and she was never really a factor. But that was then and this is now with an ever shrinking Prairie team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT