ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie falls late to Mark Morris

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Well... we didn't get the victory, but we stuck pretty close.

I wasn't there but from what I've read/heard, we stuck with them a lot of the way. MM was victorious 57-48.

Prairie was down just 43-39 after the third (MM had 21 3rd quarter points but Prairie kept up with 20).

Our shooting woes drowned us, though.. 5-36 for 3pt land... yikes!

Goecke had 17, the sophomore Daugherty had 14. Honestly, other than the shooting woes from downtown, it sounds like we fought pretty well, especially defensively and in the third period.

Well done Falcons. Let us hope that, as Johnson and Daugherty said post-game, PHS can learn from this game and improve.

So close to a victory here. The Falcons competed in this one until the last couple minutes. A few untimely turnovers and the cold shooting from the perimeter as you mentioned sealed their fate. Improve the 14% to just 22% from the arc and MM has their second loss. Four of the top 8 falcons were held virtually scoreless. Very unusual for this team. There were, however, a few bright spots. One being the man defense and a new look in the rotation. MM is a quality team, and the synergies are amazing at times but at the same time, can be vulnerable. Don't know if their 2A competition filmed that game, but they should have. As the coaches stated in the paper, these games are good for both sides regardless of the outcome. It's important to remember that the Birds won with a tre at the buzzer last year with 3 D1/2 caliber players that scored 80% of the points that are not on this team any longer. MM lost virtually nothing. That is a good indication that this club is on the right track, just young.
Skyview will experience this next year.

This post was edited on 1/23 9:03 AM by wasports

I remember Prairie pulling out the win last year at Mark Morris. Winning by a buzzer beater three told me all I needed to know about how good this Mark Morris team must be. Really, I think they are untouchable by another 2A school. There are 3 girls on that team that could play for any 4A school. They are a fun team to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT