ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie's headed to Tacoma!!

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
57-38 victory over Lakeside last night. Great job Prairie!!

PRAIRIE 57, LAKESIDE 38

LAKESIDE: Whitney Best 11, Sydney Green 4, Kaylee Best 2, Zoe Walker 2, Danielle Estell 11, Jade Blake-Whitney 0, Christina Cheledinas 6, Madeline Rathbun 2, Avalon Igawa 0, Grace Noah 0, Makayla DeJong 0.

PRAIRIE: Angela Gelhar 8, Lanae Adams 4, Lauren Goecke 10, Megan Lindsley 13, Jackie Lanz 10, Cori Woodward 10, Kelsey Asplund 0, Andrea Smith 2, Lynn Idelberger 0, Nicole Goecke 0.
This post was edited on 2/26 9:51 AM by HockSports

Looks like we have some sophomores who are really trying to step up and make up for the absence of Corral. A writer for a newspaper North of us told me that Prairie was going to get the nod over Holy Names with Corral in the line up as the favorite to win it all. But close

Last year was defiantly a good recruiting year for sure. None of them ever played in their youth program.

Predicting the scores of last weeks games is not difficult. What is your point?
Cool heads usually prevail at the dome. Not the Falcon coaches strong suit.
This post was edited on 2/27 2:41 PM by wasports

wow! I guess they forgot to recruit some height. And as far as a cool calm coach doing better, I would say he is doing okay since day one of the school opening.

Tournament appearances: 26 Placings: 1st-5, 2nd-5, 3rd-5, 4th-2, 5th-2, 6th-3, 7th-1, 8th-0

This post was edited on 2/27 4:25 PM by statewide

just curious, what does this refer to:

Predicting the scores of last weeks games is not difficult. What is your point?

No kidding The post that was brought in last year transferred to a Portland school.
Currently in an 8 year title drought. Longest in school history. 0-7 with the Corrals.
Unbelievable.

That was in response to the newspaper writer from up north that now says that Prairie would have won if Corral was healthy. Easy to speculate now that is going to happen. They had them #2 all year behind Holy Names. The Johnson Corral matchup will never happen now.

Not at all. We can speculate on several teams that faced unfortunate injuries. But I don't know what the purpose of that would be. Like I read some where last week, they don't change schedules because of injuries. It's an unfortunate part of the game. The statistics stand regardless.

8 year title drought? Yes.

But they've been to the tourney each of those 8 years.... don't believe anyone else can say that (if so, not many)....

I want the Falcons to get another state title but what can ya do. Central Valley has Dale Poffenroth back but you won't see them at state this year... Aldridge is consistent. Always puts together a great team even when they are small.

Yes he does put together quality teams. No doubt. The injurys have been very detrimental there as well. And alot of players seem to leave that program.

you have to have a certain mindset to play for Al Aldridge. He will make you a better all around player but it is not for everyone. I doubt that I could play for him. I don't think he could ever coach boys, it would be a brawl. He has mellowed some and I wish he would mellow more. I would rather have a John Wooden style out there but that is not going to happen. Through the years I have known a lot of the players and believe me when they come back from their freshmen year of college, Al is high on their list to see. Maybe it is because they know they made it through his style and appreciate what it did for them.

Now as far as the tournament goes, they have to tweak it next year so that we don't see so many teams play who just played each other. That is not good for fans or competition.

Only the very strongest players mentally can play for Aldridge. You must be prepared or you will get clobbered. But his style is effective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT