ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for Next Year

NWCfan23

Feb 28, 2010
Know the state tournament just ended and congrats to Zillah for a great year, but any predictions for next year?? What teams will make it to the dome? Will Zillah repeat? Any other teams who weren't there who will be there next year?

Here are a few teams I expect to see at Yakima next season:

King's

Lynden Christian

Cascade Christian

Vashon Island

I'm sure there are several I'm missing, but I believe all of these teams have a good shot to make it to the Dome. Zillah has some key guys back, but they are going to miss Widner.

I just checked and I see Brewster and Toledo are dropping down to 2B next season.
This post was edited on 3/9 6:48 PM by Warrant3

I really like Cascade Christian returning all 5 starters and only losing 1 senior off the bench. They should be in the mix as well as Vashon returning a few very good players.

Very interesting if what I heard this week was true. Can anyone verify for me that Brewster, Toledo and Okanogan are all going down to 2B? That changes things a bit as I see all those teams being very good again.

I agree with Warrant3 that Kings will be the cream of the drop and if healthy Lynden Christian will not be far behind. Health still and huge concern for any crazy predictions for LC though.

Vashon and Cascade Christian will be very good as well. . Seattle Academy and Bear Creek should be the cream of the Seattle Crop.

I personally will miss Toledo. They are well coached and play very very hard. Will Kingsway be the team to beat down south? Can someone shed some light on the SW district?

Zillah will reign in the East.

My early Preseason Rankings would be

1. KINGS
2. ZILLAH
3. VASHON
4. LYNDEN CHRISTIAN
5. CASCADE CHRISTIAN

Yeah all 3 Brewster, Toledo and Okanogan moving down to 2b.All good programs leaving the 1A ranks. Totally agree with missing watching Toledo play. So well coached.

I think KIngs has to be a strong number one...Followed by Lynden Christian, Vashon, and Cascade Christian in no particular order... Zillah graduates 8 kids and they have been in the title game 3 out of the last 4 years. It would be hard to imagine them getting there again next year... no disrespect but a Zillah repeat is highly unlikely....that being said, Zillah has lost alot of talent over the last four years yet they seem to find their way back...I will put them deep in the top ten, say 8 or 9 in the pre-season and would be happy to move them up in a hurry if they come out next year with the same determination that they had this year... Im dissapointed that Brewster, Toledo, and Okanogan wont be back...Brewster and Toledo with another summer of seasoning will be extremely good teams for sure...possibly Lakeside and/or Riverside from the east ??? It will be fun to see who emerges besides the obvious teams that have been mentioned...It certainly looks to me like the west side will be heavily favored to capture the gold ball next year....

I agree with you on Lakeside (9mi.Falls). I can see them as one of the sure representatives of the east in the dome. Hard to rule out cashmere any year even without Boyd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT