ADVERTISEMENT

Prosser over Othello 27-16

sport11821

Nov 12, 2004
Junior Isaiah Sanders with a nice 2 touchdown game on the ground and junior wideout Kardell Jones with a nice 40 yard td catch...Stangs played well....but I am sure there is an excuse from the Othello folks...our qb got hurt or we would have won bs like we heard last year!! Mustangs........period!!

To begin. Congratulations to prosser on the win it was hard fought and well deserved.

To you sir. You won because of an interception late in the 4th that without you could have very easily lost.
It was by no means a beat down.

And also last year othello clearly was a championship team and better than prosser.
As proof i will say this othello was leading and shutting prosser down 14-0 before the injury.
What would have happened if kellen moore got hurt when he played. You would have lost. And only
Because of that injury.

You are obviously biased and such people know very little about football. Because you fail to realize how
Close a game really is or why you won. It is people like you that are at fault as to the reason very few people outside
Of prosser have respect for your program. You have no class. And based off of this your anlysis of the game and the fact that you
Are bragging about win in week 3 of the regular season i will say this

You sir are an idiot and i would be pissed if i played for prosser and read what you said.

None the lesd a win is a win no matter the reason or how ugly and best wishes to prosser for the weeks to come.

@sport, as the previous poster stated, yes i agree you're a idiot. Nobody is making excuses from Othello and nobody but you is bragging from Prosser. Like your fans, no class. I'm not from Othello or Prosser, but i did go to watch a great game. As a fan, i can say Othello was the better team just created some costly turnovers, but congrats to prosser for taking advantage of that. If they play again, i'd bet on the Huskies! Again have some class!
This post was edited on 9/24 11:55 AM by nunya_biz

Enough of the hyperbole.

If Prosser isn't the better team, then why are they always playing longer than everyone else in their league, including Othello?

Othello lost. Prosser won. Turnovers involved? Usually are in football games.
Othello lost. Prosser won. They took advantage of them? Winning teams usually do.
Othello lost. Prosser won. They started 4 sophomores. And they out scored Othello 27-9 after the 1st quarter.

If you saw the game, Othello got beat by the better team. Othello is still chasing the champ.

5 state titles. 29 league titles.

Everyone who's making excuses at this point, show me something that says otherwise.
Prosser fans probably act this way because after 3 decades of proving that they're one of the best, they get tired of explaining why.

P.S. Prosser never won it all with Kellen. And excuses were never made.

WOW!!! Never said it wasn't close! The last two battles, the stats prove they were about as even as you can get!! Both squads are very even, I never said they weren't! I just did not enjoy reading how everyone said Othello would have won last year if Garza didn't get broke? How do you know that? Its high school football, injuries happen........and you cannot see the future, you never know what "would have happened" Garza could have thrown 2 pic sixes?? Call me names if you want, just stop with the excuses, please!!

You have a great point sir and like i said. I never took anything away from a team. They deserved that win. Yes they won because of costly turnovers. But they had the skill to capitalize on them. And its othello s fault for making them.

Yes prosser has a great tradition. But how many state titles have they won while being in the cwac?
Let's not forget that othello snapped a very long home win streak not too long ago. If i remember right it was around 34 games but i could be wrong.

No body doubts their ability to win. But what was once an unbeatable team is now mortal. I played against prosser for several years and i personally know the talent they have. And i wont knock their coaching because i have never been coached by them. But i have played on some othello teams (2010) where othello didn't their running threat. Adjusted and still won.

Moral of what I'm getting at is these are to great programs and I'm excited to watch them face off again.

After reading you're second post again i apologize. You're first post apparently came across the wrong way and not the way it was intended. Thank you for your respect of both programs. And i understand your irritability i would be upset to If my team won and wasn't given due credit

Have a great day

How many state titles has Prosser won in the CWAC? Prosser won most of their state titles when they played in the mid-valley league. You can't compare the CWAC to the mid-valley league which had dominate West Valley teams, Hanford, Eastmont to name a few. Prosser and Othello have good programs, but play in a weak league. Again, I am comparing the the mid-valley league. Prosser is not the program they used to be but are still a good program..

I agree. I think teams like e-burg prosser and othello are good but outside of those three it is an extremely week league. And of those teams only prosser and othello have legitimate hopes of a long run. And lets not even get started on the great northern.

Dominant teams? Eastmont? Hanford?

Right.

How many titles have they won?

Look, Prosser finishes every year in the top 5, and are consistently a Quarter / Semi FInal team. Most programs dont ever get to see the inside of the Dome, let alone play in it over and over again.

Don't take away from what they have done because you say they play in a weak league. Name a league that is WAY stronger. I would say the NWC, but outside of that gimme a break.

Quit it with the nit-picking.

Actually I played on Prosser's 92 and 93 championship teams. Hanford was never an easy game. The league is weak now, I don't care about the other leagues in the state. I stated Prosser is good but not the program they were and please don't argue that after one of the greatest coaches in state history left.

That's funny.

Very funny.

League is weak.

Let's look at oh say, the last 3 years. In 2010, Othello and Prosser both made it to the quarterfinals, and I believe Othello made it to the Semi-finals.

2 in the final 8.
1 in the final 4.

In 2011, Othello, Ellensburg, and Prosser all made it the quarterfinals. Prosser made it to the semifinals.

3 in the final 8.
1 in the final 4.

In 2012, Othello, and Prosser both made it to the quarterfinals. Prosser made it to the semifinals.

2 in the final 8.
1 in the final 4.

What else do you need for domination?

Side note, Prosser won 1 state title, on average, every 7 years of Moore's time at the school. And it took him roughly 6 years to win the first one. You selfish, spoiled fans of whatever team that expect Prosser to win it EVERY year to satisfy your silly argument need to go watch soccer or something.

Does Prosser need to win the title every year to shut you up and then classify them as "dominant"?

If you're in the final 8 / 4 every year, you got a shot. And like I said, most teams would give anything to trade places with Prosser.

Good post and great points PM...problem is they hated us when we won by 60, and now they hate us cause we are not as dominant as we use to be....you can never win!! Sounds like Sanders got broke tonight though...not good!!!

Couldn't agree more sweedishfish. We all have our opinions, but it was week 3, every team will improve. Heard Othello had a freshman QB tonight who did pretty good, any feedback on that?

His name is Adrian garza he's the younger brother to last year's quarterback david garza and hes a heck of an athlete. Little small but he's young

Seems like y guys know the CWAC pretty well... So what's the story with the Ephrata team? I was hearing they might have a good squad this year. And, what about the Eburg QB (hull) is he out? I've seen him play hoop and he seemed like a very good athlete. Just trying to get some insight, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT