ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinals

Westside4

Sep 22, 2012
It is never too early to look ahead to these games! I honestly don't know that much about 2A outside of the EvCo, so I was just trying to get a feel for the remaining teams. Of course, I know the perennial powers, but I only know 'em in name.

Just figured this could be a good place to talk a bit about the teams, players, or match-ups.

Lynden's firing on all cylinders. Here's a look at their RB Luke Christianson so far this season

If you don't have microsoft silverlight it only takes a second to download. It's worth it i promise

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/102332/highlights/29193426

This post was edited on 11/12 3:35 AM by Lay_The_Wood_G&G

Old State Factoids....
The Lynden Lions Football team has played in three classifications since 1974 and the beginning of the WIAA State Championships. Anyone else around and remember Kingbowl 1?? It was played in 1977 and Burlington -Edison got a 3A Title that year beating Peninsula 57-30. The next year in Kingbowl 2, current Lynden HC Kramme was a Senior QB for Blaine HS taking the 1A Championship game vs. Granger in a 20-7 win. Oh... and in 1978 Paul Skansi of 3A Pennisula HS was Player of the Day in All Classifications, they beat Pullman 35-34 for the 3A Title playing in back to back State Championships. Skansi if I can remember correctly, I was just 18 then, returned two kicks for TD's, maybe someone here can clarify that. Paul had a HUGE day, I do remember that and seeing him having a nice career at the UW, and then in a Seahawk uniform as a "Poor Mans" Steve Largent.

Lions Playoff Factoids.....
The Lion's records are 17-8 in the 1A with State Titles in 1980(Rollie DeKoster) and 1991(Coach Krammes First).

Impressive yes with a now 19-2 record in the 2A bracket, with 4 Titles in 2006, 2008, 2009, and 2011(Kramme's 5th). Lynden has dominated this classification (along with the likes of ATM who has not won a 2A Championship but has three 2nd place finishes) since moving down from 3A in 2004.

The 3A Classification was a little tougher as Lynden was one of the smaller 3A schools but went 11-7 and ran into the beginning of the Butch Goncheroff Dynasty at the UNIVERSITY OF BELLEVUE HS. Lynden lost to BHS twice in the Championship games of 2001 and 2002. In the 2003 Semifinals the Wolverines sent Lynden packing for home and for good from the 3A ranks.

So Lynden wins 73% of their State Tournament games and has a record of 47-17 all time.I think I like Lynden's chances against Sumner who was very tough back in 1974-1977. The Spartans won a 3A Title in '74 and a 4A in '77 with a 10 -3 State Tourney Record, winning 77% of their Tournement contests. The last playoff action for Sumner was back in 1994 where they lost to Newport in the first round 42-13.

Good luck to all of the "usual suspects" and to the "new kids" in the tourney as well!!! Hit hard, play Fair!!!!!!
This post was edited on 11/15 5:08 PM by Oldshoes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT