ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Matchups

Fan_of_Hoop

Jan 13, 2005
Here are the matchups (my prediction on who is going to fit into each spot in parentheses):

D-4 #3 vs. D-1/2/3 #2*

(Kalama)/Hoquiam winner vs Kings/(Cedar Park) loser

D-4 #4 vs. D-1/2/3 #1

Kalama/(Hoquiam) loser vs (Kings)/Cedar Park winner

D-1/2/3 #4 vs. D-4 #2*

Cascade Christian vs Woodland/(Toledo) loser

D-1/2/3 #5 vs. D-4 #1

University Prep vs (Woodland)/Toledo winner

D-5 #2 vs. D-1/2/3 #3*

(LaSalle)/Zillah loser vs Seattle Academy

D-6/7 #3 vs. D-5 #1

(Chelan)/Riverside winner vs LaSalle/(Zillah) winner

D-5 #3 vs. D-6/7 #2*

(Naches)/Columbia Burbank winner vs Okanogan/(Brewster) loser

D-1/2/3 #6 vs. D-6/7 #1

(Vashon)/Seattle Christian winner vs (Okanogan)/Brewster winner

I am sure someone will correct me if I made a mistake.....

FOH

Thanks for this post. Your potential matchups look correct to me.

Of course I am rooting for CedarPark Christian to upset King's. They are both playing some great basketball in a game that really means something. CPC has been tested the last two games and King's has sailed to easy wins.

Remind me again of the motivation for Okanogan to win tonight?

Cascade Christian's regional could be very competitive based on the games I have watched this week. Sundome bound?

Your picks look solid. I think King's and Okanogan play for the Gold Ball this year. Point guard play is magnified in the playoffs, and they don't come much better than Justin Rivas. CPC is my sleeper. Look what the Nisqually teams have done in the playoffs thus far. They have State experience. Their coaching staff appears to be solid, and I'm assuming they still have Trey Dreschsel?
This post was edited on 2/22 2:35 PM by Warrant3

FDL: Not sure I agree that CPC played that great last night. SAS shot horribly and still almost won. CPC's defense was good, but if SAS converts even a handful of their missed bunnies, CPC goes home a loser. If CPC gets within single digits of Kings tonight, I will be surprised, but there have been some upsets for sure. I'm also surprised Vashon played so bad. I thought they were supposed to be a really good team.

After tonight's results (rankings from last AP poll):

D-4 #3 vs. D-1/2/3 #2*

#7 Kalama vs #9 Cedar Park Christian

D-4 #4 vs. D-1/2/3 #1

Hoquiam vs #3 Kings

D-1/2/3 #4 vs. D-4 #2*

Cascade Christian vs Woodland

D-1/2/3 #5 vs. D-4 #1

#6 University Prep vs Toledo

D-5 #2 vs. D-1/2/3 #3*

LaSalle vs #4 Seattle Academy

D-6/7 #3 vs. D-5 #1

Riverside vs #2 Zillah

D-5 #3 vs. D-6/7 #2*

Naches vs #5 Brewster

D-1/2/3 #6 vs. D-6/7 #1

#8 Vashon vs #1 Okanogan

The only team from the poll not to make it to the Sweet 16 is Lynden Christian. At least 2 more will not make it to the elite 8, and at least one unranked team will make it.

Again, I am sure someone will point out any errors....

FOH

I did not think they played great last night. But they did enough right things to win. But tonight, CPC committed a boatload of unforced turnovers and let King's launch last shot threes in the first three quarters.
King's plays tough physical perimeter defense. They will frustrate Hoquiam next weekend and whoever they face after that in the dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT