ADVERTISEMENT

Regionals..........

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
...If I'm reading the bracket correctly, the winner of the Lynden vs Anacortes game will have the #3 seed in District 1 and will then play the District 2/3 #1 seed. Clover Park, ranked #1 in the State, is the likely winner of the District 2/3 Tournament. The District 1 #4 seed will play the District 4 #1 seed. It is a difficult draw for both teams. Under the new revised Tournament format, the first regional game is now a loser out contest. Don't ya just love the WIAA.

It definitely means that the best teams will not be represented in the Sundome. Thanks WIAA!

-passion8

Wow, I haven't seen how the bracket works this season yet, but if that's true just imagine how different last season would have played out had the same logic been applied. Clover Park never gets to Yakima, and Squalicum vs Burlington in the championship for a 3rd straight year the most likely scenario.

So if both first game losers at regional are out this season, are there any second games played, or is it simply win one game and you go to Yakima? Guess I'll have to check out the new bracket...I really wish they never messed with the original state bracket in the first place!

The loser of Lynden vs Anacortes plays River Ridge in a loser out game. The winner of the Lion vs Seahawk game will play one of these District 2/3 Semi-finalists: Sumner vs Lindburgh and White River vs Clover Park. If Lynden or Anacortes make it to Yakima, they will have done it the hard way. They will have to play their next game down South in a loser out.
This post was edited on 2/18 2:20 PM by Warrant3

Tough draw no matter how you spin it, but the boys from Lynden have been in this position before, just in a different sport. In football they won 4 consecutive playoff road games, several at opponents own fields. I have no complaints about Lynden being seeded 3rd or 4th since they lost. There is more to be complained about on the football side of things, but Lynden proved you can win a football championship by winning in enemy territory. What I don't care for is this whole regional goofiness.

I don't have a issue with Lynden and/or Anacortes hitting the road and playing a higher seed. I'm simply not a fan of the latest version of the State Tournament. I believe any team that gets this far should be rewarded with a second chance, even if it means playing in a consolation bracket. Just curious what your beef is with the football playoff??
This post was edited on 2/18 2:40 PM by Warrant3

I don't know how to exactly remedy this, but if a team goes undefeated through their league why they should travel all the way to their opponents field in the first round and all the rounds subsequent. I am not sure reseeding or drawing is the way to do it in football, but I wish there was a better way of doing it.

Or was it the fact I drove 4 times to Lacey, Bellevue, Tacoma, and Tacoma. :)

ADVERTISEMENT