ADVERTISEMENT

Royal FB

the_boz

Oct 31, 2014
I am just curious, has royal won every game since they lost to colville in the qtrs in 2014? Max preps says yes, 50+ games in a row. If this is true how is it not news?? Or am I just an idiot?

Yes, every game since then. I think because Royal isn't the size of a Bellevue or bigger school then it's not as widely relevant, but currently they are tied for the longest active win streak in the country.

How is royal so dominate. Good coaching? lots of teams including Monte have great coaches. Youth program? Montes teams from flag to high school run same offense. How royal has 85 kids on team in a town of 75 residents Im not sure lol

Yes, these are exactly some of the many reasons Monte has an exceptional program year in and year out. They have been in the state tournament 26 times in the 1A classification. Exactly the same number of times as Royal. And Monte has 3 state titles, 1 runner-up and 7 other trips to the semifinals to show for it. They have the second highest win total in 1A playoff history. Well done!

Are you suggesting it could be some other reason?

Royal City does have a great turnout generally for youth and middle school ball. Many of the youth and middle school coaches have been around the program for many years or played for coach Allred. Royal's coaching staff is exceptional. Although their offensive line coach could do a much, much better job.

No I wasn't trying to stir anything up lol Just basically saying royal is super dominate right now and great coaching, youth program and athletes can only take you so far. If your thinking I was insinuating wrong doing I wasn't trying too do that. They are not a private school so they have school district lines so I wasn't suggesting anything wrong. With my 85 kids in a town of 75 I was trying to make a joke about a good turnout for football everyone wants to be part of the program.

Royal City does have a great turnout generally for youth and middle school ball. Many of the youth and middle school coaches have been around the program for many years or played for coach Allred. Royal's coaching staff is exceptional. Although their offensive line coach could do a much, much better job.
Looks like he's doing a pretty dam good job to me

Great work Royal!
I always wonder what % of a teams success can be placed on a coach. Having the athletes is very important but to go on decade long runs to playoffs means that some years the talent isnt always there. I'd put the coaches at about 60% of the results. Be thankful when your in a program with one of the good ones.

ADVERTISEMENT