ADVERTISEMENT

Royal @ Riverview Panthers -- 10/4/13

OldGrenadier

Sep 11, 2003
After suffering their first loss of the season to top-ranked Zillah, this Friday Royal will be on the road again as they travel to Finley to face another undefeated and state-ranked opponent, the Riverview Panthers, in a game that will have a huge impact on the final SCAC East league standing. Riverview outpaced the Warden Cougars last week by a score of 48-21 and have controlled their opponents with a combination of blitzing defense and the offensive big play ability of running back Alonso Mendoza, receivers Terran Brown and Cody Hand, and quarterback Ruvim Tyutyunnik. They are averaging right at 50 points per game, but their first four opponents have a combined win total of 3 games. So, like Zillah, the Panthers are facing their first real challenge of the season.

The winner of Friday night's contest will certainly have the inside track to the league championship and a big boost of confidence.

When asked about keys to victory against the Panthers, Coach Wiley Allred said, "We must make them earn everything. Riverview will make some plays, but we must tackle well. We have a good shot if we can put their offense into 3rd and long scenarios and control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball." He expects they will rebound from their loss last Friday and play with great intensity and urgency and says they have really focused this week on playing with confidence and execution regardless of the opponent.

If you can't make the trip to the game, join us and LISTEN LIVE at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/royal-basketball-0809 I know the link says Basketball; ignore that and listen in. Kickoff is at 7pm. Broadcast will begin around 6:45.

Royal Knights Football

I was surprised at the spread between Royal and Zillah. I figured it would be a knock-down-drag-out affair. I have not seen a news article on the game. How did it get so lop sided? Turnovers and penalties?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT