ADVERTISEMENT

SCAC Crossovers, Who ya got?

Linebacker_65

May 16, 2006
Hey folks sorry I've been gone the last couple weeks, in that span Zillah clinched the West and Connell pulled out the upset (in my muddled mind at least) Crossovers await where this year only 3 teams make it. So, who ya got?

Zillah
Vs.
Royal

Connell
Vs.
La Salle

Cle Elum
Vs.
River View

I think this one will be closer than the last time, usually the team that lost last go around makes the right adjustments. Still think that Zillah comes out on top.
Zillah 35
Vs.
Royal 27

I think Connell should come out on top pretty easily here, don't think La Salle has the kind of offensive firepower necessary to make this a game.
Connell 42
Vs.
La Salle 7

This one I'm not as sure about. Against a common opponent found in Connell both teams posted similar results. For most of the year I thought River View was the better team, but being the playoffs (ins?) I think that anything could happen. I wanna call one upset and I think this could be it.
Cle Elum 31
Vs.
River View 28
This post was edited on 11/6 6:42 PM by Linebacker_65

Good to see your back.

I disagree on the #1 seed match. Royal is going through a rebuilding year and when I saw them I noticed several players lowering the head to tackle or get the ball a few extra inches. This took one of their running backs out with a concussion and I would suspect a few others have done the same. can't verify how many are out for this game, but I would suspect they are missing a few good players that will make the outcome similar to last meeting
Zillah 42
Vs.
Royal 14

Agree with this game, I don't think La Salle can compete at the level that Connell has been playing the past few games.
Connell 35
Vs.
La Salle 0

There is not a lot to compare these 2 teams to other then Connell. But given the playing styles, I am going with River View on this one. Cle Elum is a running team with some size and speed but has not done well against defending the pass. on the flip side, Riverview is a 5 receiver passing team that has slaughtered almost every team they played including Royal putting up numbers similar to Zillah in that game. if Cle Elum wants to win they will have to find a way to stop the pass. Riverview is playing in Cle Elum where the weather tomorrow night will be rain and nearly freezing temperature which are not optimal passing conditions. Can Riverview pass the ball in these conditions?
Cle Elum 13
Vs.
River View 42

Zillah has superior athletes to royal this year, but Royal has superior coaching to Zillah. That fact will make this a much closer game than the first matchup. Also the first matchup was Royal's QB first game. With that said, I still think Zillah will pull it out 35-21.

Connell vs La Salle

Connell comes ready to play 56-0

If they overlook them 35-28

Riverview vs Cle Elum
This one will be close because of weather and refs in cle elum. But RV has superior athletes.

49-28 River View

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT