ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Wow, I knew it was going to be a tough week for picking and there were some interesting match-ups. Thanks to King Griz for posting a few of the games I missed. the BC vs. CWC game was a lot closer then I would have projected. kudo's to Little074 for guessing that one right. Cascade made a much closer game with Cashmere then expected. Who would have thought Wahluke could pull away in the 4th qtr. giving them rights to playoffs if they beat Burbank. Kalama just pulling out the game in La Center and there was a lot of offense for Eatonville to beat Elma. My personal favorite was Lakeside just out to show Colville they are ready for next Friday Night.

This is the last week of preliminary picks, next week we will start keeping track of hits and misses :)

I am posting the games that could determine playoff spots or just ones I think will be close. If I miss one you think should be in here, please throw them in:

District 1 (NWC and Cascade)
NWC is pretty quite, just gearing up for crossovers.
Kings (7-1) @ CPC (5-3)

District 3 (Olympic and Nisqually)
Olympic is quite this week, not sure how they are going to settle the #3 spot to play CC next week.
Cascade Christian (6-1) @ Bellevue Christian (4-4) - BC could make an interesting 3-way tie, if they can pull off the upset.

District 4 (Evergreen and Trico) (District with the most riding on this week)
Rochester (4-4) @ Tenino (5-3) - Rochester win could put them #3, Tenino Win could put them #4. (Eatonville cheering for Tenino)
Elma (5-3) @ Monte (6-2) - Elma still has a small chance of playoff hopes with a win, and Rochester win or Eatonville loss.
Castle Rock (4-4) @ Kalama (7-1) - If CR wins, it would make a 3 way tie for #1
Columbia (5-3) @ Stevenson (2-6) - Battle for the # 4 spot and the right to play Hoquiam next week (I think)

District 5 (SCAC)
Connell (6-1) @ Zillah (8-0) - Playoffs are set, but this should be a good game.
Goldendale (6-2) @ La Salle (6-1) - Win #2, Loss #3 (Do you want to play Royal or Connell next week?)
Wahluke (3-5) @ Burbank (3-5) - Wahluke needs a win to play next week.

District 6 (CTL)
Chelan (3-5) @ Cashmere (5-3) - Winner goes on to state.

District 7 (NE)
Colville (7-1) @ Lakeside (7-1) - Playing for seeding to state.

This week makes things very interesting, but with District 4 Rochester is not eligible for the playoffs because they are a 2A team playing in a 1A league......so this is how I see things shaking out......

District 1
Kings @ CPC - Kings will be out in full force after getting taken from the unbeaten ranks, so I see them winning big in this one.....
District 3
Cascade Christian @ Bellevue Christian - CC in this one, they want to win this one to avoid the 3-way tie, so I see them taking this game pretty easy
District 4
Rochester @ Tenino - Tenino got shelled pretty good at Montesano and same can be said about Rochester, I see Tenino bouncing back this week and making the playoffs as the # 3 seed in the Evergreen
Elma @ Montesano - This is the good old Civil War in the East County of Grays Harbor and many good games have come here, Montesano will dominate from the opening kick off and have a comfortable halftime lead......Monte big here......
Other District 4 game of note.....
Aberdeen @ Hoquiam - Aberdeen got their first win of the year on Friday night despite having 185 penalty yards against Forks, but the high flying Hoquiam offense will be in show in this game at historic Olympic Stadium......Hoquiam big in the 110th rivalry game!
Castle Rock @ Kalama - I picked against Kalama last week and they won a close one.....I am going to go against my gut and do it again this week and take Castle Rock in a close one.....
Columbia @ Stevenson - I will take Stevenson in the upset......
District 5
Connell @ Zillah - The Leopards will be tough to beat and I don't see them losing yet.......Zillah by a convincing margin
Goldendale @ La Salle - I see Goldendale taking the win in this one........
Wahluke @ Burbank - Well if Wahluke needs a win to play next week lets give it to them......
District 6
Chelan @ Cashmere - Winner to state game? Well lets throw the records out the window its all about who wants to continue playing.....I think I will take the Goats in this one in a very close game.......
District 7
Coleville @ Lakeside - Been hearing nothing but great things about both of these teams and this one is hard to choose.......I am going to take Coleville in a very close one with the 4th quarter being the decider......

District 1
Kings (7-1) @ CPC (5-3)-King's should handle CPC

District 3
Cascade Christian (6-1) @ Bellevue Christian (4-4)-CC by ALOT
District 4
Rochester (4-4) @ Tenino (5-3)-Tenino, should be a very close game
Elma (5-3) @ Monte (6-2)- Monte will dominate
Castle Rock (4-4) @ Kalama (7-1)-I like Kalama coming off a huge win
Columbia (5-3) @ Stevenson (2-6)- Columbia

District 5
Connell (6-1) @ Zillah (8-0)-Zillah
Goldendale (6-2) @ La Salle (6-1)- La Salle
Wahluke (3-5) @ Burbank (3-5)-Wahluke

District 6
Chelan (3-5) @ Cashmere (5-3)-Cashmere

District 7
Colville (7-1) @ Lakeside (7-1)-I like what I saw from Lakeside last week and am going to have to go with them here.

I'll make this here short and sweet.
Kings gets back on track @ CPC after taking some lashings against Archbishop Murphy.
Cascade Christian will come out on top over Bellevue Christian.
Rochester is my pick to sneak one out over Tenino.
Montesano will pick up a win there against Elma. Eagles let me down last week.
Kalama shuts down Castle Rock.
Columbia over Stevenson.
Connell will sneak one out at Zillah. How often do we see and overrated Zillah team fall victim late season to a solid rushing team. Cle Elum when Gall was there under Kretschman, Royal with a combination of Ayala and Miller to keep the Leopard offense at bay. From what I understand the Eagles have a solid backfield. I will not even flinch if the scoreline reads Connell by multiple scores.
Goldendale hands La Salle loss number two.
Wahluke takes advantage of a Burbank team reeling from it's tumble with Royal. Only gave up 9 TD's in the first half.
Cashmere seems to have pulled themselves together a little after an inauspicious start to its proceedings.
Colville gets my nod this week in the prime time game.
In a game that is not listed here, but it should be because we're only talking about the Royal Knights. They're slated to take on Cascade. Look for Royal to get the JV's some reps in the 2nd half in preparation for crossovers next week.

Kings will show CPC who is 1A King of this league. Pun intended. :D
Though I would like to see a 3 way tie, I don't think Bellevue Christian has the defense to stop Cascade Christian's high power offense.
Tenino takes advantage of home field and pulls out the win. Their first close win of the season. hoping history doesn't repeat itself, here.
Monte should handle Elma as they prepare the post season.
Kalama keeps rock solid and keeps the #1 spot.
Coin flip...... Columbia

Zillah is undefeated, Average 45 points a game while allowing only 10, and loaded with experienced seniors. Even though they have a soft schedule, their offence blocks well, quick backfield and good defense. Then you have Connell averaging 45 points while allowing only 7 per game. They are young (mostly Jr/So) but they are balanced in run and pass and has the only defense that has kept Royal at bay. Going with Connell in this one as the last team that played Connell with really good offensive stats left a little bearish. (full of Pun's today)
Goldendale should win this one based on past performance, but if La Salle can get their passing attack going (it's been on and off) I don't think G-dale has the secondary to cover a 5 receiver spread. Playing the odds this week with G.
Everyone knows Wahluke's offense, but stopping them is a different juncture. I don't see Burbank breaking the warriors chance of playing post season.
in CTL fashion, anything goes in this matchup. Based on history, Chelan seems to get better near the end of the season, while Cashmere tends to start out strong and taper off at the end. I am going to mix this one up and go with Chelan.
Colville at Lakeside has got to be the game of the week. wonder if they would show that on SWX? I was going to pick Colville, but the way Lakeside played last week has swayed my vote.

Royal? Royal who. :eek: I already said the Knights will beat CPC. lol Guessing starters will be watching more than playing.

Sorry for replying so late. It's been a busy week. Tonight is very intriguing due to the number of games that have a significant impact on playoff seeding and brackets or could be very revealing about what we may see in the playoffs. Chelan vs. Cashmere. Lakeside vs. Colville. Zillah vs. Connell. Goldendale vs. LaSalle. And that just on the east side.

I'll just throw my winners out there:

King's
Cascade Christian
Tenino
Montesano
Kalama
Columbia
Connell
LaSalle
Wahluke
Cashmere
Lakeside