ADVERTISEMENT

scac

lightsout_tony

Feb 16, 2007
This board is pretty dead so I thought I would get a discussion going. What are people thinking about the SCAC? I would assume that Zillah is the front runner in the West, what about in the East?

West:
1. Zillah/LaSalle
2. LaSalle/Zillah
3. Granger
4. Goldendale/Naches
5. Goldendale/Naches
6. Cle Elum/Highland
7. Cle Elum/Highland

East:
1. Connell/Mabton
2. Connell/Mabton
3. CB/RV/Ki-Be
4. CB/RV/Ki-Be
5. CB/RV/Ki-Be
6. Royal
7. Wahluke

I would give the edge to Connell and Zillah as the number 1's.

I like LaSalle a lot but there's the question of the ware and tare of a full 1A season with their limited inside talent. The Lightening will however be the best coached team in the SCAC and they have the guard play.

It should be an interesting race in the West.

I'm sure the aspect of playing hard on a regular basis will play a toll on everyone, and as far as the best coached team, well, don't put all your eggs in one basket their bud.

They will face coaches that won't be in their first rodeo, if you know what I'm talking about.
I'm sure it was easy to prepare for teams in the "B" league, but it starts to get a little more challenging as you step up in the Ranks.

I'm sure people thought the same of their football program as well, and we all know how that ended up!!!

It's easy to Ass/u/me things, so take the blinders off every now and then.

Good luck to all!

I am not so sure I would pick Granger at #3 in the West considering they are rebuilding. They only return Mengarelli (sp?) and graduated the rest of their talent. It will be interesting to see what Affholter does with this team considering he has had a loaded squad since coming back to the hardwood. I know he got a couple of young transfers from Toppenish and Zillah but I dont even know if they are eligible for varsity play (and whether or not they can play at that level). I think LaSalle and Zillah split during the season; I give LaSalle the edge in post season play.

When deciding where Granger fit, I thought of the rest of the teams. Naches is pretty athletic, year two of the new coach/system so they could sneak up there. I didn't think their BB IQ was very high, but I haven't seen them since early last year. They were young last year, so they could be ready. Goldendale has Cameron and Shattuck (sp?) back, but have new coach. Are those two enough? Not sure who else they have. I didn't think Cle Elum or Highland were there yet. So by default Granger gets the three spot, in my opinion, which isn't worth alot :)

Well considering....

...that LaSalle had to prepare for Colfax down in the "B" league I'd guess they had more preparing to do as a B then they'll have as an A.
wink.gif

At any rate, I said I liked them because of the style they play and how fundamentally solid they are. I also implied that their lack of a strong inside game/depth was going to be a problem for them in 1A. Seems like we mostly agree...

Don't count the Cle Elum/ Roslyn girls out so quickly. Don't know if they'll compete for a title but they will sneak up on some folks. They are pretty sophomore and junior heavy...only one senior. Their coach is 2nd yr now and has them flying around the court playing pretty scrappy ball. Look for them in the solid middle of the pack..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT