ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle Academy

Nov 6, 2011
What is all the hype about these guys? Yeah they are undefeated but they are in easily the worst league in state. With tough games like bush and east side prep will they be prepared for state? Who are their match ups for districts? I have heard that they are skilled but very undisciplined and play individual basketball. That won't get it done in the dome. Any thoughts?

-Norm

Extremely talented. Possibly the most athletic team in the state. And winning all your games in any league is no easy feat. However, I agree with you. We will find out very soon, because they are in the same tri-district as Lynden Christian, Cedar Park Christian, and Kings. All teams who I believe could beat SA. This is a team with the talent to win a championship. The question with them is whether talent is going to be enough.

I do agree that it is very tough to win all league games and that SA is very talented. Cedar Park for example, they beat Cascade Christian by 38 in their first meeting and lost a nail bitter in the second. Which ended their chances at a perfect record. But I would give favor to a team in the playoffs who has lost games because they know how to respond in adverse situations. It will be interesting to see how SA responds in the playoffs when they are down in a game against a good opponent. Emerald City League in no way will prepare them for the playoffs like LC, Zillah, and Cedar Park who have all lost games but in return will be prepared for big games down the road. It will be interesting to see how their talent responds.

They've beaten every team in front of them. They've beaten a good King's team and a very good Chelan team by 16 points.
This post was edited on 2/9 8:18 PM by Warrant3

"....and a stubborn Nooksack team".....by 30 with their two best players back in Seattle. Hey, I'm always happy to help out
3dsmile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/9 8:30 PM by Warrant3

seattle times in the high school scores section.
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/highschool/basketball/boys/index.html?site=default&tpl=Team&TeamID=983&season=current

Google Emerald City League; click sports; click winter sports; click boys basketball; click Seattle Academy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT