ADVERTISEMENT

Selah 3 Ephrata 0

Well....maybe not for Selah (sorry to say)

Clank, I hate to be the one to break this, but as of right now, Selah is not in the district playoffs.

We reported Thursday that the Vikings have apparently been told by District 5 officials that they will not be permitted to play in the postseason for violating the WIAA's games-played limit of 16 (the number we've been told is that they played 18). When it was first reported to the CWAC ADs, the league was going to let them off with a warning not to do it again and let Selah into the postseason.

However, Othello appealed that ruling, and district bosses ruled to not allow Selah into the postseason. The Vikings appealed that decision to the district directors from the WIAA's nine districts on Thursday -- the decision to not let the Vikings play was upheld, so as of this minute, there is no playoff for the defending 3A champs.

But there are still appeals out there for SHS -- they have a meeting with Mike Colbrese on Monday, and if that fails, there will be a conference call with the WIAA executive committee on Tuesday AM for a final decision.

My source is telling me things don't look good for SHS, but that doesn't mean the final word has been heard. There is a side story to all of this -- Quincy and Ephrata are currently tied for the final district berth from the CWAC North. If Selah is out, then Quincy is the No. 3 seed, Ephrata No. 4 (under the number-draw tiebreaker).

If Selah is in the tournament, then the Tigers and Jacks will play the tiebreaker match Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Quincy High School.

Re: Well....maybe not for Selah (sorry to say)

this is all good info... but i have a question, do you know whether or not selah got this whole thing ok'd before the season, because thats what i have heard. i dont know how they could get it ok'd but thats just what i heard. i dont think the selah ad would jepordise the defending 3a state champs season (not to mention the fact that his wife is the volleyball team's head coach) without getting the whole thing ok'd before the season started. now i heard they had it ok'd and then double checked all before the season started, just to be sure that nothing would go wrong (which is just what seems to be happening). i would like some input if anybody knows different...

A Violation is STILL A VIOLATION!! If you don’t FOLLOW OR ENFORCE RULES WHY HAVE THEM at all??? What kind of example are we setting for our children if SHS is allowed to Break or Bend RULES AGAIN…....isn’t this the 2nd time SHS has Violated this RULE(SOCCER I know Slipped into the post season with a Forfeit from Quincy) I thought NO EXCEPTIONS was pretty CLEAR and ONE WARNING SHOULD BE MORE THEN ENOUGH!!!!!!

I think it might be the third. I heard the Selah coach is already on probation for coaching out of season.

hey man i was asking this before i had read the paper and knew the whole story... you know the selah ad did screw up... obviesly twice in one season with the whole soccer thing as well. but im still glad the girls got to play, both volleyball and soccer. the soccer team beat ev the other night and i believe they are going to state and playing a game for seeding. the volleyball team is obviesly very tough... i hope they bounce back from all of this bad press and do well in the playoffs. the selah ad could have screwed up to perfectly good seasons, and he may have already, but i hope thats not the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT