ADVERTISEMENT

Skyview, Prairie Girls Regional games at Mark Morris

wasports

Jan 7, 2011
Skyview meets Newport at 2pm.

Prairie vs Bishop Blanchet at 8pm.

Woodland boys and girls also play at this venue.

party0002.r191677.gif

Ahhh very nice. Close! That's good for Prairie fans. I remember some pretty good student sections at state tournament appearances for Prairie in the past, let's hope they travel well for just a quick 45 minute drive north!

Every Prairie Girls game I have gone to this year, the student section just didn't show up. It would be great if they had a nice crowd for that game. It is great that we have the Regional so close to home, that was the reward for beating Wilson and that's worth something. I am not thrilled with having to play a loser out game against Blanchet. I am sure Blanchet feels the same. Honestly I don't think it matters to the Prairie players. I'll be there. I think I might watch all of those games. Olympics are over, NCAA tournament hasn't started.

This post was edited on 2/23 8:57 PM by statewide

Yeah I did notice that at the couple games I went to. The section wasn't horrible, but it wasn't what it used to be. That could change though. Hockinson's was great 06-09, then kind of dipped but a couple of really spirited classes really brought it back. Now they were probably the best I've seen in Clark County this season (at basketball games at least).

Student attendence has declined at many schools. The exceptions are Hockinson and River. The smaller schools seam to do a lot better. The AD's have a tough job getting the students involved. Skyview and Prairie drew well with this and hopefully they can rally the troops and take advantage of it. It has to start with the AD's.

As for Prairies matchup, there are only 3 games of the 32 total 3A/4A boys/girls regional games that involve 2 high seeds.
It appears to be a huge blunder on the part of the WIAA.

Indeed. It hasn't really declined much with football to my eyes, it just seems to be basketball that has taken the big hit around here with student attendance.

Prairie's gonna have a tough one regardless of attendance in this regional round. Here's to hoping they can pull it off and return to the Dome!

My understanding is that who plays who between different districts is decided before the first game is played. I know the WIAA does not take polls into account for these match ups but they should at .least take a look at each school's record and tweak a little if necessary. It isn't fair to Blanchet or Prairie and it hurts the level of competition heading to the Tacoma Dome. Both of these teams have earned a first shot at a team with fewer accomplishments. There is going to be a really good team left out and a 9-15 University could be in.

Skyview girls top Newport 62-31 to advance to state as a #2 seed.

Now it's Prairie's turn. In a couple hours the Falcons will have to fight a tough Bishop Blanchet team for the #1 seed.

Not looking good for Prairie. down 38-23 in the fourth. I'm not there (perhaps you are Statewide?), but Paul Valencia described Bishop Blanchet's defense as very similar to Prairie's. Sounds like Prairie is getting a bit of a taste of their own medicine, a lot of turnovers.

Skyview advances, Prairie falls.
And the WIAA is NOT capable of running a 3rd grade Y-tournament.

Blanchet played a very good game, hitting lots of threes and playing really tough defense. Prairie cut a 17 point lead to 4 and had their chances but missed some shots and boom, Blanchet hits another three. It almost looked like Prairie was going to pull this one out. Both of these teams should be playing at Tacoma Dome. And of course, the team Prairie beat by 20 is awarded a much easier path (Ferndale) to the Tacoma Dome. Yeah, that makes sense.

Revealing photos in the Columbian article about the Prairie game.
Looks like a slug fest. Can't imagine the falcons were too use to that style of play based on what is the norm in Clark county. That would be tough for such a young team.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/mar/01/prairie-gets-out-prairied-in-regional-loss/
fighting0029.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT