ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Ball

PLUGIT1

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2012
Most Programs are now in their second week of Spring ball. How are roster numbers looking? Who are going to be the dominate 1A teams this year?

Not really sure yet. I know Zillah had a lot of guys win awards. Monte did well, but I don't know what they have coming back. Kings lost some, but again I don't know what they have coming back. CC was young last year so they should have some returners, Eatonville and Charles Wright both made noise last year. Cashmere started well, but I don't know what they have coming back. I have no clues about up north. Mt Baker maybe?

What are you hearing?

I think you have to stick with the traditional powerhouses in Monte, Cascade Christian on the West side and Zillah and Royal on the Eastside. Kings has made some good runs in the past but with no apparent QB to Green and losing there receiving crew I think they will struggle. Charles Wright has the two big Guys in Luke and Oetga but I think will run short with a lack of skill guys. I look to see those 4 to finish on top at the end of the season..

Eatonville may need to be added to the mix. They did well in league play last year and beat CC the last game of the year. CC beat Monte in what was CC's best game of the year. Monte went on to win state and beat Kings. Kings got CC at home, but CC took a toll on them. Charles Wright sure seems to get some big guys over there. Kings has a big one as does Connell. Do you think Connell will be back in the mix this year? Cashmere got CC early, in one ugly game for CC.

I was really impressed with Monte both times I saw them. In there loss to CC, CC just rose to the occasion. In the last minuet of the game Monte was driving, went all the way down the field to the red zone. CC's defense rose to the occasion. 3 consecutive stops, on 3 consecutive pass plays to stop them with 35 seconds to go. The last pass could have been a pick 6 if the DB would have gone for the pick instead of the deflection. Monte's game in the state finals was very good. They played solid football.

I can't wait for the season to start!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT