ADVERTISEMENT

Statewide we are alone

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Now we have both ignored the Negative Nancy... it's just the two of us! If only more used this place :p

well, might as well talk Prairie Basketball. I won't be at the game but sure do hope Prairie can handle Bellevue. Those seniors have worked too hard not to make the Tacoma Dome. This is going to be a tough game for both schools. I

Oh, and I really am done with NegaNancy. I just don't get where he is coming from. I don't need his garbage anymore.

Did a little homework on Bellevue. They don't have any towering posts but they sure have big guards. A lot of 5'10s and 5'11s.

The interesting thing is that their three leading scorers are underclassmen! 6'0 freshman guard Shelby Cansler leads the team with 16 a game, sophomore Mandy Steward is second with 14 a game, and 6'0 freshman wing Tatiana Streun comes in 3rd with 9. Prairie has struggled against taller teams but hopefully their offense is on against B-Vue. If they can catch fire, their defense may not be the deciding factor.

We'll see what happens though!

I finally read something in the Oregonian about Jackie Lanz:

"Senior guard Jackie Lanz, a transfer from Prairie (Wash.) who has committed to Portland State, has not played for more than a month because of mononucleosis. Sophomore guard Tasia Bilbrew, a candidate to take Lanz's starting spot, also has missed a month with a sore Achilles."

Back to our tournament, I will be surprised if Wilson doesn't win a state championship this year. Sure Prairie is not like last year but still, they beat the Falcons like a drum. That is one solid team and it is going to take a real effort to knock them off in Tacoma. I have said that same thing about Prairie in the past but it just isn't true this year. I think they have a good chance of beating Bellevue but the opposite holds true also. I am going to the Tacoma Dome regardless of Prairie's game on Friday. This will be my 20th one in a row.

The interesting thing is that their three leading scorers are underclassmen! 6'0 freshman guard Shelby Cansler leads the team with 16 a game, sophomore Mandy Steward is second with 14 a game, and 6'0 freshman wing Tatiana Streun comes in 3rd with 9. Prairie has struggled against taller teams but hopefully their offense is on against B-Vue. If they can catch fire, their defense may not be the deciding factor.

You know Prairie depends so much and way too much on hitting those long threes. If those tall guards and forwards for Bellevue play good defense as well as offense, they could make it tough to get off those shots in this game. I was at the Kelso Prairie district finals game and Sitton and her parents were sitting a few rows from me. They could sure use some strong inside play but I bet she is not in the lineup again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT