ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Opportunities

lightsout_tony

Feb 16, 2007
I was just curious if anyone has any insight into really good summer play opportunities...we play the Central Tournament and attend Gonzaga Team Camp but I am looking for another tournament or league or something for my kids. Any ideas?

At one time I believe Southridge hosted a summer league. Lots of club stuff goes on during the off-season that I'm sure you are aware of.

I know that Lakeside in 9 mile falls has a tournament in early June, there is the WSU tournament at the end of their team camp, but you don't have to go to the camp. Manson HS has a tournament as well up on Lake Chelan. Othello has in the past gone to a camp in Seaside, OR. They also attend the Guy Enriques team camp.

Lights_out have you ever thought about starting a lower valley volleyball club. I know that girls come from the lower valley to play with Team Yakima, but I know there should be something for the W.Swan, Wapato,Toppenish, Zillah, Granger, Sunnyside, Grandview and Prosser girls. Mabey some coaches and parents should get together and form a club. Mabey you could even talk to the Team Yakima reps, Club Selah reps or the Tri-Cities reps and see if they can help you start one???

That would be my goal in the long run, but I dont have the time right now to really get the groundwork going. It would also take a very generous donor to get something like a lower valley club off the ground...maybe someday :)

Good luck to you! I know if the opportunity presented itself, there are parents right now that would help get it started. Big number of Zillah parents are bringing their girls to Yakima to have them play for Team Yakima and I'm sure if and when you get the time, if you put an ad in the paper asking for help/donations/coaches you would get what you needed.

Hi Coach!

My team also attends CWU but we attend the second session. This year its June 16-17. We host a tournament June 14-15 in Leavenworth (Cascade HS). The girls play at our tournament for two days and then go and play at CWU for two days so they get 4 quality days of tournament play. We are still looking for a few more teams to fill up our 12 varsity team tournment. If you are interested, please let me know. I can send you a brochure through email. Have a good day.

Coach M.

Coach,

That sounds like a perfect fit. Where do teams normally stay? I am trying to keep costs low as we are headed to team camp in July and it's pretty expensive for the kids. I think I got the brochure, if I can't find it I will let you know ASAP.

Thanks
Coach S.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT