ADVERTISEMENT

SW Qualifiers Meet

This is the last tune-up before subs and district. There will be some really good 1A athletes there also. Competitors better bring their A game if they want to do well.

I am excited, there are going to be a TON of personal records....It gonna be off the chain!!

well i think that there will be great teams there!!! Well i know that Elma has a strong team, and i also think that you should be looking at Hoquiam to be racking in the points, especially the hoquiam girls. There should also be a good 4 by 100 relay! Who do you think will win the over all meet, girls and boys? what about the 4 by 100 relay? witch teams are the ones to watch, and witch individuals have a good chance at showing some skill?

Elma isn't going this weekend. It's prom. Plus we never go to that thing. But DISTRICTS will be some fun! lol

They are. Their times-distances-heights bode well for bringing home the district team trophy.

Events and district seed (per athletic.net)
100 - #2
200 - #1
400 - #1
800 - #5
1600 - #6
3200 - #5
100 Hurdles - #1
300 hurdles - #1
4x100 - #1
4x400 - #1
Shot - #3
Discus - #2
Javelin #3
High jump - #1
Pole Vault #3
Long jump #1
Triple jump #1

The Stevenson girls are good and they are deep. Many of these times and distances hold up well in the state rankings. They've been to nearly every meet we've been to, and they are good.

watch out for scott friedrichson, that kid is prety good! same with larry simonson! well see what happens

Yes those woodland athletes have talent, but Colton Dunn seems more of a threat, and only a freshman.

just wait we got alot of freshman talant as well. elliet moss. sammy sturdivan. makenzie ripp. megan quintrell is gonna be pretty good in time. sammy, now she is an amazing threat

sounds like woodland has a good future in track. did i forget to mention shannon porter is a freshman?

hey i was just searching athletic.net....it seems alot more updated...sammi is 1st in the 100

Well it looks like i was right, not only did both hoquiam boys and girls wil the overall meet, but the hoquiam boys 4 by 100 won too, i think they are ranked 2nd in state now, with a 44.4 but im not sure,

yes impressive relay. nice job to hoquiam on both sides. the guys were lucky elma wasnt there though.

I've already said this a lot but I'll do it again.. Now that Stansell is back we have a realistic chance at taking Elma.

Well i dont think we are lucky we could have used the competition, they have a good team, but i think if they would have been there it would have been the same resault!!!

yes hoquiam has a good chance of beating elma, but its not just cause stansell is back, hes not even a point leader, its cause everybody is coming together and the coach is putting people were they need to be to get the points, roy is good, but not going to change much at all

Yes they have, elma won, but it was close, i think come the next couple of weeks hoquiam will end up on top

Funny that Hoquiam guys are looking to upset Elma at subs... Thats what the Elma girls would really like to do. I'm not sure if we can, I know we can't beat Hoquiam at Districts, but last year Elma girls would have definitly won subs except we had a dq on someone who got 2nd. Oh well, that was last year, this is this year, it will be quite a fight for 1st on the guys' side!

Whatever happened to Stevenson, It thought you said they would be taking the girls competition.

Stevenson is still a strong threat. They were missing two of their top performers. Hoquiam did outperform them however.

I know we suck... darn. lol So I hear Stansel is tripling at districts? It might not produce as great of results as you all are expecting. No offense, he is really good, but many distance runners know how hard it is to do all three, especially at districts.

Don't worry....they will at district. At the SWWA Classic, it was only one person per event per team. At district, as many as qualify will compete. I still think Stevenson will win the girls title at district...and will content for the title at state (probably in the top 4).

Also, the Bulldogs were without Kaitlyn Richards, who's ranked #1 in 2A in the state in the triple jump and #2 in the long jump. There's probably 20 points more for district. That alone closes the 17 point gap between Hoquiam and Stevenson this past Friday.
This post was edited on 5/9 12:19 PM by Antediluvianif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

That's a hard triple for Stansel. He has potential to make it to state in all 3 of those events however. I think both porters are going to triple for the girls side of things, as well as run the 4 by 400.

ADVERTISEMENT