3, Zillah (1-1)
4, Seattle Academy (4-0)
5, Toledo (3-0)
6, Cedar Park Christian (2-0)
7, Meridian (3-1)
8, Cashmere (2-1)
9, Eatonville (3-2)
10, Kalama (2-0)

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/preps/2012/12/09/boys-basketball-week-2-state-rankings-for-all-classifications/#storylink=cpy

Source linked.

TNT boys basketball rankings - Week 2

LC lost to 2 California schools in what looks to be a tournament held the end of last week against Bretheren Christian and Sante Fe Christian. There goes Washington 1A's national computer rankings.
ohwell.r191677.gif

They lost to Brethren Christian High School who I believe has the #9 recruit at the center position in the nation a 7'5" player from Senegal

This post was edited on 12/10 9:28 AM by chuckles35

Chuckles35, I think you surely must have a typo there. You may want to edit your post since it said 7' 5".

Nope, check him out 7'5" Mamadou Ndiaye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM
This post was edited on 12/10 12:47 PM by chuckles35

He's right the kid is 7-5. Also lost to last years semi final finisher in California 4A by 3. Plus the record is wrong. LC is 2-2. Beat one of those teams in Arizona by 30 and Ferndale by 20. Pretty bad rankings by Todd Milles, he needs to do his fact checking

Hi addicted2ball
In defense of Todd Milles, he is coming off of crunch week where he covered state championships in Football and has to ramp up quickly to crossover to Winter sports coverage and admitted to as much when he initially reported the rankings. LC has also not reported 2 of their scores on maxpreps where they are listed at 0-2. I am not saying it is the sole source of info on win loss, but a convenient one and one I would naturally expect a topped rank team to maintain. Before you go bashing Todd, keep in mind at least Tacoma News Tribune reports 1A state rankings unlike the Times that has all but written off 1A & B preps coverage when it comes to rankings.

maxpreps

You're right I was definitely a little harsh. What I should have said was Milles needs to be a bit more careful in checking records. Said it much to harsh.

Those rankings seem pretty accurate, being an nisqually league guy i love seeing three teams up there. But i want to know what is taken into account to make teams like CPC and Eatonville high up so early. I think both squads are very good but havent proved much. I mean they can't be getting these rankings from strength of schedule, no offense to any teams they play. I got a chance to watch CPC vs king's and both teams looked sloppy, but i think that was probably because of the energy in the gym. It was unbelievable how crazy and loud Cedar Park's student section was, it was deafening, and i think they even threw off their own team with the cheering! but CPC found a way to win, and king's is a lot better than people think too even with the atheletes they have to work with.

You have to take early season rankings for what they are. Plus the fact this is not a poll, rather just one sportswriters opinion with what Mr. Milles said was input from fellow preps writers and coaches he talked to quickly after football wrapped up. Once rankings have been backed up by real results as the season progresses we can lend some credence to them. Nisqually does look competitive this year, Tinychuck. Thanks for the good insight on the King's @ CPC game.

Zillah just took a big hit. PG Robert Slack hurt his hand in last Saturdays game and will have surgery on it. Expected to be out a while. Maybe a couple months. I think Zillah's bench was pretty thin already.

Thanks Post, you just confirmed what I had been hearing.This will definately be a blow to the team. Hopefully he will be back by season's end, especially as this is his last year.

The rotten irony is that he didn't play football this year just to make sure he was healthy for hoops. He suffered a football injury his freshman year which cost him that basketball season.

Fortunately, it sounds like this is an injury from which he can recover in time to rejoin his team on the court for a playoff run.

In years past, 3 sports season athletes were the norm and the expectation of someone capable of playing at the next level.

"How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it." - Paulo Coelho, Brida "The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football." -Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals "football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority." - Vince Lombardi Jr.

Film,
Maybe postman can confirm , but from what I hear, he broke his shooting wrist diving for a loose ball, had surgery this week and will be out at least 8 weeks.

I know Robert is a gamer, so if there is any way he can rejoin his team this year he will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT