ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
We are starting to weed the men from the boys. Week 3 through a curve ball that only OldG hit the grand slam... beginners luck......

Let's see what you say for week 4...(easy week)

Meridian (2-1) at Nooksack Valley (3-0)
Cheney (3-0) at Cashmere (2-1)
Royal (3-0) at Okanogan (3-0)
Lynden Christian (3-0) at Mt Baker (2-1)
Riverside (2-1) at Deer Park (2-1)

So apparently shaking things up last week was not the way to go. The blue bloods proved to be too strong for the upstarts. Resulting in what can only be known as a massive failure, but I did take Newport!

Meridian (2-1) at Nooksack Valley (3-0)- If I remember correctly this was a high scoring game last year with two Big Sky QB's running the show. This year I'm taking Nooksack Valley with a revenge win.
Cheney (3-0) at Cashmere (2-1)- I'll be taking Cheney despite their long trip. They've already taken down Colville and I think the Indians are better than the Bulldogs.
Royal (3-0) at Okanogan (3-0)- If Okanogan scores I'll be mad. Royal by 50.
Lynden Christian (3-0) at Mt Baker (2-1)-Mounties hand the Lyncs their first L of the season.
Riverside (2-1) at Deer Park (2-1)- Last, but not least, I'm taking the Stags over the Riverside Rams of Chattaroy.

Only one odd pick this week......Playing it safe

Meridian (2-1) at Nooksack Valley (3-0) - Going with Meridian as my West side team this week. Still a lot of depth to this group. Meridian
Cheney (3-0) at Cashmere (2-1) – Bulldogs are tough to beat this early in the season. Cashmere.
Royal (3-0) at Okanogan (3-0) Okanogan won’t stop the pass or run this week, but I will give the small school a kudos for trying. Royal
Lynden Christian (3-0) at Mt Baker (2-1) This one is tough, I want to say Baker, but just for kicks, I’m going for the underdog here. LC
Riverside (2-1) at Deer Park (2-1) DP poor showing last week has me saying riverside will get the better of DP. Riverside.

Meridian - I happened to be in Wenatchee when Meridian played Colville so I made the trip to Peshastin and I was very impressed. Meridian small in stature but disciplined and determined. It was fun watching Logan Dawson go from receiver last year to QB this year. They shouldn't have a problem beating NV.
Cheney - they seem to hang tough in 2A so I think they will beat Cashmere... comfortably.
Royal - Result of this game won't be much different than last years matchup between these teams. Not sure 50 (LittleO74) is realistic but who knows with Royal. Didn't they play last week without the Myrrick kid? Does anyone know if he will be back?
Mt. Baker - LC will put up a good fight but Baker should win.
Deer Park - DP should win this one. Build some confidence for Colville the following week.

Not an easy week.

Nooksack Valley (These games with Meridian can be epic and happen twice a year. I'm going with the home team in round 1.)
Cheney (They have proven to be a quality team this year.)
Royal (Once again both teams are undefeated going into the matchup.)
Mt Baker
Riverside (My gut tells me to go with Riverside on this one.)

Meridian - I happened to be in Wenatchee when Meridian played Colville so I made the trip to Peshastin and I was very impressed. Meridian small in stature but disciplined and determined. It was fun watching Logan Dawson go from receiver last year to QB this year. They shouldn't have a problem beating NV.
Cheney - they seem to hang tough in 2A so I think they will beat Cashmere... comfortably.
Royal - Result of this game won't be much different than last years matchup between these teams. Not sure 50 (LittleO74) is realistic but who knows with Royal. Didn't they play last week without the Myrrick kid? Does anyone know if he will be back?
Mt. Baker - LC will put up a good fight but Baker should win.
Deer Park - DP should win this one. Build some confidence for Colville the following week.

Myrick was out for the Othello game, but was back in action for Wahluke.

ADVERTISEMENT