Auburn over Kentlake

SOUTH
Curtis over Spanaway Lake
Rogers over Bethel
Graham Kopowsin over Puyallup
Emerald Ridge over Decatur
Thomas Jefferson over Federal Way

How in the world....

...did you predict Graham-Kapowsin over Puyallup??? Wow... I mean I can't believe that you were right on that! That's one of the bigger upsets I can remember in this league. Well, I shouldn't say that... G-K may end up being more than I thought, but still.

Tahoma is a little better than people thought, I think.

not really THAT surprising.

That lefty from Puyallup gave up 8 runs in the first inning.

It seems he's either really on or really off.

Let's see how they do when they face Graves.

SPSL thoughts North & South.

You must've know something about G-K... because their win over PHS did seem like a big surprise, but G-K is obvioulsy a little better than people thought. They just keep winning. Most people, including myself, gave them little or no chance. Just going off the thinking that this is a new school, kids coming from Bethel (who hasn't done anything for 5-7 years now)... and they beat Puyallup, who is there every year and who had just handled TJ.

Yes, I'm sure they'll see Graves next time. But for now, G-K is the story of the league. Puyallup might only be as good as who's on the bump.

The SPSL South... hmmmmm. Not an overly impressive league this year. I guess that the front runners look like Puyallup, Beamer & TJ. From there, I think you have no choice but to look at Graham Kapowsin!!! It becomes very average from there... Emerald Ridge is Ok, Decatur & Fed Way are Ok, Rogers is below Ok, Curtis is bad, Spanaway and Bethel are horrible.

The SPSL North is bipolar this year. No parity as there's been in years past. The bottom 5 teams are as bad as I can remember. 2 horrible teams (Aub Mtn View, K-Meridian), 2 VERY bad teams (Sumner & Enumclaw), 1 definitely below average (K-Ridge... despite their record right now), 2 teams maybe a bit above average (Kentwood & Kentlake), 3 teams that might be pretty good (Riverside, Auburn & Tahoma).

We'll see how it plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT