ADVERTISEMENT

Top 1A teams on east side

EastSideBias

Dec 8, 2010
One mans opinion on the Top 10 Teams in Eastern WA:

1. Cashmere-- Defending State Champions. Back to back final fours. Returning all leaguers: Tarver (1st), Elliott (2nd), Johnson (2nd), Weiler (HM), McNair (HM)

2. Naches Valley-- 4 straight Final fours. 2009 state champs. Returning all leaguers: Johns (1st), Walker (1st), Kass (2nd), Gonzalez (HM), Putas (HM)

3. Coulumbia (Burbank)-- Very talented group last season that underachieved. Should be hungry this year. Returning all leaguers: Smith (1st), Bertsch (1st), Ireland (2nd)

4. Kiona-Benton-- Mason is just as good as Johns & Tarver on the mound. Very solid 1-2 punch w/ Deaton. State qualifiers in 2010. Returning all leaguers: Mason (1st), Deaton (2nd)

5. Zillah-- They have the pieces to make a run at regionals. Returning all leaguers: Dasso (1st), Salinas (2nd), Ross (HM), Fink (HM), Ziegler(HM)

6. Freeman-- Very young squad last year that just missed out on regionals. Returning all leaguers: Panzerri (1st), Altmeyer (1st), Duckett (1st), Zakheim (2nd)

7. Goldendale-- Graduated a lot of offensive production. Returning all leaguers: Denny (2nd), Lindhe (HM), Moss (HM)

8. Lakeside--Should battle for the NEA crown in 2011. Returning all leaguers: Baker (1st), Moore (1st), Connall (2nd), Gunderson (2nd)

9. Okanogan-- Very good pitching, and a new coach this season. Returning all leaguers: Gilman (1st), Townsend (HM)

10. Omak-- Well coached, only 1A team to beat Cashmere in 2010. Returning all leaguers: Green (2nd), Velasco (HM)

Share your thoughts?
This post was edited on 2/25 2:09 PM by EastSideBias

One man's opinion on the Top 10 in Western WA:
1. Rochester 1-2 punch of Bishop and Moss will tough to beat in a district, regional and state tournament. Not to mention they are very well coached.
2. Chimacum- Landon Cray is a beast and only a junior. Not to mention they missed the title by one run last year--I think hungry is an understatement.
2. Merdian- Loaded and also hungry finsihed 3rd in 2010
4. Onalaska-Dalton Ritchie and Kyle Shepard are a nice duo to wrap the rest of the team around.
5. Kalama-I think they lost a lot--but they always seem to reload
6. Ridgefield-Tough 2A last year that dropped to the 1A ranks
7. You fill in the rest because I dont know--BCS, CPC, Monty, Friday Harbor to name a few?

In the west Monty always seems to put a good team together. BCS has 2 New Zealand transfer kids who throw high 80s from what I've hear. CPC only lost one starter to graduation last year and this year has gained 3 good bats.

U think Monty will be good just because they kicked your behind last year. Oh I mean CPC behind. 1 in the same.....

Naches Valley with coach Walker and his son will be right there again....write it down!!

ADVERTISEMENT