ADVERTISEMENT

top contenders for 3a state besides peter kung

Nothing out of the east side. Danny Plesha is the only one who would stand a chance, but he's doubles.

brantner and collinsworth will go to state in doubles along with the pleshas, i guess there is a good kid from clarkston in singles that will go, but i dont think anyone on the east side has a chance to beat him...

If the plesha's are playing doubles, it looks like peter kung is going to win his 4th state title. Kevin Floyd would definitely be a challenge for kung but he moved down to 2A. But anything can happen. Peace!

Kung would kill Floyd, i was at the state tournament last year and Floyd is good, but wouldn't challenge Peter Kung. Kung is just to solid overall for him and yes he will win #4.

Last year Kung beat Floyd 6-4, 6-3 at the opening round in state. I would hardly call that killing him. It was definetly a challenge for Kung and a good match. Kung is just a little better, more complete. It would be fun if Plesha would go singles. He beat Floyd 6-4, 6-0 this year. That would have been the match to see, Kung vs. Plesha.

I think that Kung better watch out because whoever gets the #1 seed out of the MVL and GSL regionals should make it to the semis pretty easily based on the awesome draw this year. So if peter kung doesn't have his best game he is going to lose to the #1 seed. Especially if it is nick rooney or richard muszynski. other than that, I think that bryan thorp will be his biggest competition in the finals.

who is nick rooney... peter kung is nationally ranked and those players dont have a chance... you want some facts. peter kung beat kyle schraeder once.. enough said

who is kyle schraeder, also where is kung goin to college or will he try the tour.

I have watched Floyd play many times this year. I am a big fan of him, and he has definatly improved his game. I belive that Kevin would give Kung a much better match then last year. But i can't denie Kung is a very good tennis player.

The only person that I think would have any chance against Kung would be Jeff Hammond. I heard Kung wasn't playing all that much because he has been mainly focusing on his studies, but I could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT