3[/B]. Hoquiam 0.709
4[/B]. Montesano 1.361
5[/B]. La Center 1.548
6[/B]. Eatonville 1.628
7[/B]. Quincy 1.881
8[/B]. Charles Wright Academy 1.947
9[/B]. Mount Baker 1.995
10[/B]. Woodland 2.004
Others[/B]: Freeman 2.010, Cle Elum/Roslyn 2.037, King's 2.056, Cascade of Leavenworth 2.406, River View 2.477.

Now this is even getting more comical with King's at 13...you can talk about the not so good 6 teams they played but I still have a difficult time understanding how a team beats 2A Lynden (ranked 1 at the time), 2A ATM (ranked 1 at the time) and 2A Lakewood (ranked 2 or 3 at the time) and still have this poor of a computer ranking....the computer needs to grow some eye balls and watch a couple games I think.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/preps/2012/10/30/computer-rankings-alas-skyline-surpasses-kentwood-at-no-1-in-4a/#storylink=cpy

It is funny that the computers have got it right on the other classifications, but somehow Kings is not getting bumped up, and I though they would by the end of the season. Now, I don't understand that. It has Skyline, Bellevue, and even Lynden at the top now, whereas they weren't earlier in the year.

This happened last year, too, as it took Lynden the whole season to come to the top. I assumed that Kings would do the same as the computer "saw" the whole season. No matter what, play the games and forget the polls. And I am done trying to explain these computer polls!

One of the biggest issues is that the Cascade Conference as a whole is way down. King's SOS has taken a huge hit, since only three teams in the CC have more points for than against (Kings, Archbishop Murphy & Lakewood).

The computer looks at offense, defense & SOS. The disparity comes when teams from the conference blows out other teams from the conference. The Lynden game is only one game that Kings would get a bump from. The Lakewood & ATM games while they were big wins were impacted due to all the other "bad" teams in the league.

Kings will go up in the computer poll as they beat other teams with strong SOS.

Even given your logic, I would still assume that wins over Lynden ranked 3 and Lakewood ranked 6 in the current computer poll for 2A would outweigh the other wins against teams with poor records. Lakewood basically had the same schedule as Kings with the exception of Blaine, Washington and Meridian and they won those games and Kings beat Lakewood. So if we are going to play the comparison game then technically Kings should be ranked much higher. If you look at the quality wins they are impressive give those teams schedules and who they played.

I'm not getting caught up in this...I just think it is funny and I know that playing the games is all that matters in the end.

No disrespect intended here..but it's just a computer ranking..no need to get worked up..its not the BCS..things will shake out in the playoffs..best of luck to all teams in their post season endeavors..

The Maxpreps ranking has King's up at #1 which I can't argue. Royal, Hoquiam and Cashmere following. Should be an entertaining week with the crossover games. Can't wait to see how those wind up.

No matter what Kings does to CC this weekend, it won't have much impact on the scoreczar because CC isn't that good this year and they have some injuries. If they get past them (and they should) and Hoquiam takes care of biz, next week will be very entertaining. wouldn't be surprised if Hoquiam falls behind 21-0 before they figure out that passing the ball is tough to stop if you know what you're doing. no one has even slowed Kings down this year--not even Lynden.

Hmmm..... I do think it will take them a while to realize that a football does in fact fly a good distance through the air and that it is actually a part of the game most people take advantage of, but i also think that it will take King's a while to realize that Hoquiam is in fact allowed to run the ball every play. I think it will be high scoring and turnovers will have a huge impact on the game seeing as neither team will be able to stop the other.

Beating CCS has certainy helped Eatonville who, despite losing to CWA, is still ranked above them based on what? The only team they have beaten this year is CCS. And Monte's SOS could only be based on Hoquiam and CCS (who beat them).

Also, it appears that when CCS is "not that good", they are still 7-2 on the season and alive in the playoffs. Not bad either....

FOH (&fb)

Fan of Hoop: I was referring to CCS in relative terms--7-2 is nothing to sneeze at, but they are clearly a step or two down from prior years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT