ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Premier League Finals

binwatchin

Nov 4, 2004
Rotary Select won in the semi-finals against FOH and then went on to beat Total Package for the Championship.

From what I hear it was the upper division. Total Package beat Rotary2 in the semifinals and Rotary1 beat FOH1 in the semifinals.

Both games were good. Rotary settled into good team play against FOH who was missing Spencer Hawes. The game had 1 OT and then a 1 minute sudden death with Rotary pulling it out. Both Venoy Overton and Isaiah Thomas were told to take a break by the ref. The bigs from Curtis did an outstanding job on the inside. Jamelle McMillan has grown tremendously from last year and Michael Duty played great defense. Terell Smith was hitting his 3's and lay-ups and was rebounding well. Ryan Anderson hit a couple of 3's and Taylor Olson hit several. TJ Tyler displayed his usual hustle

The Total Package game started out ho-hum with Rotary jumping out to a 22 point lead by half-time, but Total Package fought back. I saw a tough bunch of guys working hard to win - I especially noticed someone named Tippy (sp?) and someone named Clarence...I apologize for lack of knowledge about these two, but they fought to bring the game to OT. Rotary won by 3 in what turned out to be an exciting game.

So Venoy and Isaiah were getting into it? How did each of them play? I heard Emecka Iwecka wasn't in attendance either.

Congrats to Rotary and all their players. Obviously a well played weekend by them.

"Tippy" is Derek Burke out of S. Kitsap and the other one is Clarence Trent out of Riverridge H.S.. Clarence is only a freshman. He is a big athletic kid.n I took him to the Final score tourney last year. He spilt a whole big gulp of hawaiian punch in my car. I was ready to leave him by the freeway. ):lol

Wow - only a freshman? He's a big guy and had a nice dunk. He was fairly quiet during the 1st half and I don't think he started, but am not sure about that. I really took notice of Tippy in the 2nd half too - he was everywhere...a lot of energy.

Now that you mention it, LonzoBee, I didn't see Mekka - I heard he's not showing up to practices much either.

Clarence is quite a joker. TJ Nettles is like his brother. He plays on Total package also, and plays @ river ridge.
Mecca was there on saturday. We were talking to him and he seemed happy with the team.
He does not start and i was surprised at the lack of playing time he gets. But on FOH there is so much talent it is hard to get everyone a lot of minutes. They could almost break that team up into 2 teams and everyone would get 3/4 of a game.
I know my boy Jarred Stohl is not getting alot of time.
Thats a shame, he is a very good player.
I really think that if FOH had Spencer and Mecca there it probably would have been a diffrent outcome.

How did Venoy and Isaiah play in the game?

Someone mentioned the ref's telling them to take a break, were they getting a little too into the game?

They both played ok - I was talking with someone at the moment the call was made, so I'm not exactly sure what happened. I was sitting to one side of Venoy's uncle and in back of Isaiah's dad (I think that's who it was) and neither said much when they were taken out. They both rejoined the game. I've seen them both play better and I don't remember anything remarkable by either - maybe a couple of 3's by Venoy. I don't have any idea who scored more, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT