ADVERTISEMENT

Well after all the input, WIAA makes changes

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
and folks, people did not get what they wanted, a return to a 16 team tournament. The change to single elimination in the first round is all they did and these are now officially called "Regionals". I thought the Aldridge recommendation of adding single elimination to the first round of a 16 team state tournament made the most sense. I think the WIAA totally ignored the fact that costs for last year's tournament were transferred from the WIAA to individual schools and their fans. And the smaller school tournaments were doing just fine so why not go back to the 2010 formatt and leave it alone. Just like the NCAA, it is all about money. The NCAA, a non profit tax exempt organization, refuses to reveal the salaries of their top people and they have more than a privacy reason for that decision. Back to the WIAA, thanks for ignoring most of the advice of coaches and sticking to your superior knowledge of how things should be done.

Well at least his Cheeseness didn't get his way and eliminate the consolation games so he could have his "Championship Saturday".

Let’s face the facts: just suck it up and live with the incompetence and self-serving actions and attitudes of the WIAA or force a change. The Big Cheesemister just is not competent at his job and is so poor at his job in fact that he thinks he's doing a great job. I'm sure he'll ask for a raise again this next year for all the positive things he's done. The schools should go to the WIAA and demand that either His Cheeseness and all sub directors are fired or they'll leave and form a new organization.

And I'm serious, schools should just leave the WIAA if the WIAA won't do what the schools want. And doubly so for the smaller schools. The WIAA no longer surves the interests of its members and hasn't for a while now. The only interest the WIAA surves it its executive employees.

and to think that Colbreese is a small town, thus small school, guy from Montana.

Maybe someone should to do a wellness check at the WIAA office. Doesnt appear that there has been any brain waves coming from that address in quit some time.
Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT