ADVERTISEMENT

we're #2 We're #2

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
and for Prairie there is nothing wrong with that. After not getting a trophy last year for the first time in a very long time, second looks like a real accomplishment. Would they have won with a healthy Corral, maybe. But I am sure that if she had played, this game would have been one of the best girls championship games ever. Congrats to Holy Names, the spirit was with them this entire season.

So proud of the Falcons. They played an excellent tournament. They played their hearts out for the missing Corral and fought through additional injuries and lack of depth. Woodward had a pretty nasty ankle twist, but she wrapped it up and played anyway! Not to mention they were without Lanae Adams for a bit as well. They were really playing with six or seven bodies this entire tournament and I applaud them for fighting. Second place, especially in this case, is nothing to be ashamed of! Wonderful tourney, girls!

PS-- Crossing my fingers for some good freshman to come in next year and help out
tongue.gif

we don't need no stinking tall tree. Take a look at the tournament this year and the number of private schools that had an impact. Holy Names takes the girls 3A and Gonzaga Prep takes the boys 4A. And there was Kennedy Catholic and Bellarmine Prep. Gonzaga Prep showed the Seattle power Garfield how to play team ball with less talent. It works.

You know, you are right! The big star based teams didn't fair very well did they?

Holy Names was star studded so No I would not completely agree with that. And Garfield had one big star who will attend WA and Gonzaga Prep had one big star who will be at Gonzaga. I would call it even on star power in that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT