ADVERTISEMENT

West Central - Southwest Bi-District 4A Tourney

10th anniversary of South Kitsap's title

Yep. I remember it. Spokane 1995. Rogers was practically the home team and had absolutely rabid fans. Rogers didn't have a great regular season, but once they got on a roll with the fans behind them, they started steamrolling people. I saw it first hand as my Marysville-Pilchuck girls, trophy contenders themselves, fell to them in the second round. I didn't catch the final, but I could see that South Kitsap had a lot to overcome to pull it off.

Re: 10th anniversary of South Kitsap's title

Yep...South Kitsap 1, Rogers (Spokane) 0, for the 1995 (then) 3A state title. Was one of the closest shaves of the past ten or so championship games!

Meanwhile, 10 years later, SK is 19-0, and on a tear. Ironically, they meet the "other" Rogers (Puyallup) squad in the first round at district level...a fitting anniversary date, for sure!

I'd say the four teams to watch are Wilson, Kentlake, Sumner, and South Kitsap (not in any particular order).

I'd say you're right, never underestimate SW WA teams and wouldn'tyou know it Skyview takes it from all the favorites.

not a bad showing for Vancouver Skyview 1 and Prairie 4th and Prairie had to come back and beat the team that sent them to the losers bracket.

ADVERTISEMENT