ADVERTISEMENT

What teams are HOT this year - help out a rookie....

Hoops_stampede

May 21, 2006
What teams are hot in the CWAC? It has been fun with hoops, but with spring I need an outside sport. Please help me out and let me know who I should follow and watch

In the CWAC, Selah is very tough, Othello finished 2nd in State last year, EV is tough, but dont know alot about Ellensburg.

SelaH Is very tough, and I Would Agree with you that OtheLlo will contenD. East Valley may be down afteR losing their main pitcher, she was incredible.

JonKneeBlaze - I like your style
You seem to know a lot about ALL sports. You could be fun to hang with!!!

Monte moves down to 1A from 2A where they won 5 state titles in 9 years in 2A. Should dominate 1A

Love my EV Devils no matter the sport. . . I'm hoping for the best as a power house. Alot of the current varsity played summer softball with many, many tournaments. I agree the pitching will need to step up--I think there are 2 juniors who will be seeing more action in that area. Othello has always been good competition and will be again. Curious to know of last years 3A's that moved down, how they looked. Shake ups all around.

I would agree Selah and Othello in my prediction are the two toughest teams in the cwac but ellensburg can be up there. my prediction i think will be othello, selah, ellensburg for the top three spots. "FROM TALK" here in the sunnyside area that Hoquim is suppose to be really dominate, but the team they say has the run for the 2a title is last year's 3a team TUMWATER. from talks they have basically there whole team back from last year witch they were dominate last year in 3a like i said from talks thats the rumor. the team selah and most definantly OTHELLO tradition i think both teams could be up there for the state title also.

Sure Montesano moved down, but in exchange, 2A added three former 3A state champs (Tumwater, Black Hills, and WF West). Throw in North Mason, and you see that things got a lot harder for the likes of Othello and Colville.

At the 2A CWAC I see Ellensburg being tough to beat. I know they have very high expectations and a solid group of athletes. Their pitcher is a fireballer and smart. A veteran club that only has two seniors, which means they will be around for a while. You can't forget about Othello, Rudi is a great coach with a great program. April 14 Othello at Ellensburg, should be a battle!!

ADVERTISEMENT