ADVERTISEMENT

1a Contenders for 2015

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Ok I have been slacking and its football time. Because I am late, I hope some of the people will come back and comment, because I have not found another Football board that is talking 1A football. So let’s kick off the projections for the 2016 season. Who is going to be in the rankings and why? Remember we are all positive here. Wink wink.

I’ll kick us off with my guessing… and the leaders last year.

Royal? They were really stacked and only one game was even close. They dominated on both sides of the ball, will losing a handful of contributing seniors cripple the star QB? I think Ellensburg would say no to that. Even though E-burg WAS ranked 4th in 2A, a sloppy Friday night and a wakeup call from Royal let them know that 1A football is not soft. I think Jenks will do just fine as he relies on returning Christiansen and Trinidad. With they make it to the dome 2 years in a row?

That brings me to Connell. Are they ready to redeem themselves after last year’s semi-final loss to Royal? They were young last year with a lot of depth returning the entire backfield and the young linemen have gotten bigger. They are going to be a force to recent with this year and will be another fun game to watch in week 7.

Like normal I am looking for someone that knows the west side,

Kings will make another attempt with Perry returning to pound the ball in his Sr year, but can they replace Wilkins at QB?

Monte made a good run with a young team but lost Herzog and Prante duo and will have to make up the slack somewhere. The playoffs are likely, but the dome might be out of reach.

CCC lost to a hail mary in the first round to Monte which ended their season short. Carter will remember that loss in hopes that a new QB and RB will step up this year to make another run at the final game.

I can’t discount Mt. Baker returning several Sr. linemen this year. Hoping to see the Mounties break the quarter final blues.

Connell did not return ALL of the backfield. I think one of them scored a TD for Richland on Friday. :) Undoubtedly they will still be very tough.

Yes I have heard a few players left, one to Richland, one to Gonzaga Prep, but the starting QB, FB and HB are the same. Also, the past 2 weeks have shown multiple running backs with significant yardage. How many ball carriers can a 1A team use?

ADVERTISEMENT