ADVERTISEMENT

Where did all the height go??

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
I've been looking at some of these teams up north who are stacked with all this height...

-Juanita has five players 6'1+ (three of which play consistent minutes and are productive).
-Inglemoor has four players above 6'0, including a dominant 6'4 center.
-Eastlake and Beamer both have very talented 6'3 bigs.
-Mt Rainier has three 6-footers.
-Bellarmine Prep has three 6-footers+.
-Bellevue has three 6-footers.
-Ballard has 6'0, 6'2, 6'2, 6'4. (all but the 6'4 girl are guards/wings).

I know a lot of this has to do with different heritages present in communities (Ballard is very Scandinavian-heavy), but ahhh it is just a little depressing to see all this height and Vancouver is left (mostly) dry of height.

I remember some BIG posts coming through Prairie (the Sitton sisters, 6'4, 6'3; Callie Spooner, 6'5; several 6'1-6'2 posts). There were even some big posts at the other schools around town.

I will end with a plead to God (or whoever you believe in) to redistribute the height and give some to Vancouver, please!

Rant over.....
tongue.r191677.gif

you are so right, we haven't had any really big teams for quite sometime. I remember back about 12 years or so and we had a huge team. At the state tournament I heard other fans saying "have you seen how big Prairie is" We don't even have a center.....................she is playing for Skyview.

I found this interesting. One of the teams that Prairie beat at the Christmas Tournament in California was Ballard 53-50 and Ballard was pretty tall:

5-9 5-6 5-7 5-9 5-8 5-10

6-2 6-2 6-4 5-11

If they make it to Tacoma Dome they are definitely going to see some tall teams and they have proven that they can beat a tall team with their lack of same.

This post was edited on 2/6 3:01 PM by statewide

This post was edited on 2/6 3:02 PM by statewide

Yep. Ballard is only 10-9 so not a great team but still, that could be a good sign. I'm just hoping we can at least compete in the playoffs this year. If we're gonna go down, I hope we give a couple teams some hell before we do.

One of the few teams that beat Prairie this year was WF West

6' 6'2 6'3 6'4 They have to be one of the bigger teams in the state this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT