ADVERTISEMENT

WIAA Classifications 2014-2016 for 1A

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
I am expecting final reclassification to come out from WIAA soon, hopefully this week. So I am starting a post on who is moving up from 1A and down from 2A. While we can expect the 1A/2A mix will change in Northwest conference (District 1), I've heard more interesting speculation of league shuffles in D4/D3.

D3 News:
Eatonville is leaving D3 to go to D4 (still 1A)
Life Christian is going 2B.
Cedar Park Christian moving to D1 (still 1A)
Klahowya dropping to 1A from 2A

New D3:
Cascade Ch.
Seattle Ch.
Charles Wright
Bellevue Ch.
Vashon
------------
Klahowya
Chimacum
Port Townsend

The top 5 on the above list comprise the Nisqually, the bottom 3 on the peninsula are unsure if they are in the Nisqually or some multi-class league closer to home.

At least that is the way it stands right now from what I have read.....

FOH

In the SCAC (Dist 5) it looks as if Warden and Mabton will drop back down to 2B. Warden is listed as the biggest 2B school as of now (from the documents I have seen). River View (Finley) is having to opt up to stay in 1A. Columbia-Burbank is the smallest 1A school.

Sounds like the CTL will be down to 4 schools: Cashmere, Cascade, Chelan and Omak. With rumor being of some preliminary talks to join the Dist. 5 schools for league play.

I have not heard much or read much about the NEA, so not sure what is happening up there.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Some notables. Brewster, Okanogan, Toledo, Ilwaco and Tonasket moving down to 2B. Deer Park and Sultan moving from 2A to 1A and Bear Creek opting up to 1A

This post was edited on 1/9 6:24 PM by sportsfan503

I have heard that Cedar Park wants to move to District 1 but it is unlikely that they will be allowed in. So they either stay in Nisqually or move back to Emerald City.

TNT's Todd Milles reported that Cedar Park Christian (Bothell) applied for Cascade League membership, which makes a lot of sense geographically with regard to travel costs under the previous Nisqually League. While I do not place the odds as unlikely, I so think this is far from a done deal since they have applied there in previous years. With Sultan's move down to 1A, their acceptance may depend then on whether Coupeville opts to make a peninsula move due to odd/even numbers. An Emerald City move is not likely, since they lack football teams.

With Eatonville, LCA, Port Townsend and Chimacum moving out of Nisqually, travel will be a lot less in the new Nisqually, so there is still a good fit for CPC there with exciting rivalry games with Bellevue Christian and Cascade Christian. If that is the case that would leave their longest league road trip to Tacoma to CWA. CPC is in a good negotiating position as their fans travel well for FB, BKB and VB which all benefit from visitor gate. We will have to wait and see how that all plays out.

What does not make sense to me is Forks traveling down to Evergreen schools with a now larger 1A league on the peninsula. This leaves Fork's a new long road trip to Eatonville, when they should be travelling to Klahoya, Chimacum and Pt. Townsend and possibly Coupeville.

FDL

Film - you are right. Looks like Coupeville is 98% moving to Dist 3 and Cedar Park will take their place in Dist 1 and Sultan moves down to 1A. Competitively this will help the Cascade Conf. and with Friday H and Blaine leaving NW Conf., this will make Dist 1 even North to South and more manageable for the playoffs. Hopefully the 1A Tri-District remains intact for playoffs as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT