ADVERTISEMENT

Woodland vs. Toledo

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
District 4 Championship tips off tonight. Despite low expectations, Toledo has turned hot lately and plays for the D4 title. Can last year's 1A Champion find their way back to the sundome?

At this point they have a better shot than Vashon Island.
wink.r191677.gif
Actually, the Nisqually? has done really well this post season. I do like Toledo's chances to get back to Yakima. They are well coached, and seem to be getting hot at the right time.

This post was edited on 2/22 8:36 AM by Warrant3

besides being led by a couple of seniors with championship experience in McEwan and Woods, win or lose tonight I think Toledo has a winnable game against either UPrep or Cascade Christian. Tri-D getting turned upside down this year. no NWC teams (when was the last time Lynden Christian was done this early?). NIsqually with three teams making regionals. One of their best teams in 19-4 vashon fighting for their lives tonight in loser out for the #6 seed and the right to probably play Zillah in Yakima. I'd think both Woodland and Toledo liking their chances UPrep and CC. Kalama also with legit chance to make the Dome--could be 3 teams from D4.

According to the draw on the WIAA site, D1/2/3 #6 (Vashon or Seattle Christian) gets District 6/7 #1 (Okanogan or Brewster).

The District 1/2/3 #3 (Seattle Academy) gets the District 5 #2 (Zillah or LaSalle).

Zillah could play SA, but not VI.

In a heavyweight bout, CPC/Kings loser will probably get Kalama if they win tonight. But these are the games that make this time of year great...

http://www.wiaa.com/NewsDocs/N339/14%20-%201AB%20regional%20BB%20matchups.pdf

FOH
This post was edited on 2/22 10:24 AM by Fan_of_Hoop

FOH: thanks for the corrections. it looks like Tri-D 1,2 and 3 all get "home" games and 4-6 get "away" games, but that seems to mean that the loser of Zillah-La Salle, might have to come west of the mountains (or maybe they play them in Wenatchee?)

This post was edited on 2/22 2:15 PM by TriDistrictFan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT