ADVERTISEMENT

WV-Sunnyside

spokaloo

Jun 5, 2004
WV gets revenge with a 3-2 win. Two close teams that could go either way depending on the lineup. They share second with 9-3 records behind Hanford. WV came to play tonight and deserved the win. They wanted it more and it showed in their play. Plesha was the bright spot for the Grizzlies with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Brantner. There is no player on this side of the state in any classification even close to him anymore. I mean the guy outscored his opponents at IE 60-8 in 5 matches. The west side is a different story though. Will he have enough competition to keep him sharp for state?
This post was edited on 5/8 7:35 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Close match. I'm almost certain Sunnyside would have won if they had just played in Matt Barr...

it was a great match and i was glad there was no confusion of stacking this time around, i really respect the sunnyside team and their coach now and it was a very close match, and it was a great chance to play tyler thompson, he and his partner out played us today and i think districts is going to be really fun and i wish for the best for everyone good luck this weekend!

YAY FOR SPORTSMANSHIP! i'm glad that all that confusion about stacking got cleared up too. and yes matt barr did lose but he will be back with a vengance next year. im thinking he will still be stashed away as their secret weapon.

Are you Liechbrodt(Sorry if I butchered your name, heh) or the curly haired kid?(sorry for not remembering your name?)

Also, is Burke going to stay at singles, or what?

PS: That was a fun match, heh.

liebrecht, and torrey and clay are playing doubles at districts, yea it was a fun match you guys played well

What? Brantner at doubles? He's gonna be the #2 out of the region at singles. Sure he might win at doubles, but once he hits state, singles will be better for him.

Yeah, I heard about Brattner and Burke playing doubles...Interesting. I wonder if they'll get seeded. Sure, they probably do deserve a seed, but having never played together, it'd be an odd move for the coaches to seed them.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

nooooo, he and clay will do much better at doubles, he may come out at as the #2 player in the region but he wont make it very far in state at singles, in doubles they have a good shot at semi's

Not taking anything away from Burke or Brantner but the semis are unlikely. Seattle Prep has 2 teams that will dominate. Usually the MVL #1 runs into the Metro/Kingco #2 in the second round or the MVL #2 runs into their #1. Jenkins is on their #1 team (4th last year, barely lost to the Pleshas), and Mongomery is on the other (2nd two years ago, beat the Pleshas 6-4, 6-4) Those are just two of the teams from the westside. That's not even including Lakeside which has produced the last few state champs. A whole different world. I expect Burke/Brantner to do OK at state. Probably much like Brantner/Collinsworth, one maybe two wins and no placement. I hope I am wrong, but the westside is much better than anything we have seen here.

Since we're talking about MVL doubles, here are the doubles seedings for districts:
1. Alliston/Womack (Selah)
2. Hubert/ McAllister (Hanford)
3. Shef/Hanson (Ellensburg)
4. Thompson/Wavrin (Sunnyside)

Unfortunately for Ellensburg, they will probably not make it through to regionals because they have to play Brantner and Burke in the second or third round. Hopefully all else is predictable(Or at least for the 4 seed :p).
This post was edited on 5/11 7:27 PM by DrJakeDestructoif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT