ADVERTISEMENT

Zillah Wins Title

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
Perfect season for the Leopards, 20 years after their previous title. Great team win. Outstanding play by widner and dunsmore! Tough loss for King's but still an amazing team and great season..

I agree, Great game. Well deserved by Zillah. I thought they were good but I underestimated them a bit. Congrats to both teams.

hats off to Zillah. their physical style of play rewarded with a perfect season. poor execution by kings, especially late when they made some crucial unforced turnovers. don' tknow how many open layins kings missed but wouldn't be surprised if it was ten. lopsided foul count in zillah's favor, despite their aggressive man defense. not sure if king's made any free throws, but they sure missed a bunch. kings did not adjust at all when Zillah shadowed king's shooter and took him out of game. looked like zillah owned glass as well. kings lost on bad fundamental execution as much as anything. but zillah forced them into playing their game. disappointing day for tri district.

Congrats to Zillah for a great run, and to all the other teams in the dome as well...What a great tournament...With all due respect for the champion... Im not sure if overall Zillah was the most talented team, they didnt shoot the ball real well, and for sure they were not the biggest team, but i do think they might have wanted it the most. That team just looked to me like they were playing hungry on every possession of all three games...very impressive...

Also tridistrictfan...The day may have been dissapointing for the tri...but the future is anything but dissapointing...Im looking at next year and it looks like alot of hardware could be heading your way next year...

This post was edited on 3/10 12:28 PM by BALLEAST

This post was edited on 3/10 12:29 PM by BALLEAST

Credit 2oldforthis for the Zillah will be hungry reference in his response to the preseason predictions post. Cascade Christian, in their game with Zillah, led in the fourth quarter, and if they had not picked up some meaningless fouls that got some of their hot players into severe foul trouble, they were headed towards an upset from my perspective. Was the difference for Zillah that they had to bring their A game fewer days of the tourney? Oh, and before we characterize the day as completely bad for the tri-district, CPC did win and established themselves as being right there in the level of the top 4 despite low expectations on this day last year. Unfortunately, expectations are genuinely even lower for next year.

I thought CC was going to knock off the Leopards in the first round. Cascade Christian led 43-35 and appeared to have all the momentum. Then foul trouble set in and they got outscored 20-3 the rest of the way. Unreal!

FDL: sorry about the CPC oversight. the game was so early I forgot it was the same day! Your guys lose a lot, but CPC plays a discplined brand of ball and those kind of teams can go a long way on less ability. Look at Toledo this year as a perfect example. if not for some clock mismanagement agaisnt Okanogan, who knows what might have happened?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT