ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Baker over CC in OT

HSFBFun!

Jul 11, 2012
CC turned the ball over in their own territory their first two possessions of the game, resulting in two Mt Baker TD's. CC fought back to tie it 28-28 at the end of regulation. In OT Mt Baker, kicked a field goal for the win 31-28.

Correction it was the first possession and like the 3rd or 4th. both in Q1 though.
This post was edited on 12/1 3:15 PM by HSFBFun!

Well CC was my pick to win it all. I saw them play several times this year and they looked like they had the guys to get it done. The game was up and down for them. They started slow, finished strong, and then couldn't get it done in overtime. Cascade's coach has been there for many years and has won several games in OT so I will not even begin to question his tactics. It was questionable and I heard many grumblings in the stands about not going for two at the end of regulation or kicking the field goal in OT. The fact is, if he wen't for two and failed, you'd call him an idiot. If he kicks the field goal and Baker scores a TD in their turn then you say he wasn't gutsy enough...That's why none of you coach. Heck, that's why I don't.

I do however think that Cascade was the better team. 2-0 was the score that mattered. I didn't see Cascade force any turnovers and they gave up 2 in the 1st quarter themselves. Which led to them being down 21-7. CC's game plan on O was working but they dug themselves into a hole too early. They did piece together 2, 90+ yard drives.

I did like the game plan of the D as well. They weren't overly aggressive, not very many 3 and outs, but did force I beleive 5 punts/missed FG's. They gave up yards in little chunks but those 5 stops were key to getting the offense chances to get back in this game. However, that same strategy hurt them due to field position. Mt Baker started 4 drives inside Cascade's territory. That "bend, bend, bend, stop" defensive strategy only works if you have a large field to work with. They ran out of "bend" room and gave up those scores. Any time CC had room to work with, they forced a punt or FG.

I guess it's better luck next year. I'm too lazy to look up a roster, do they have a lot coming back? I know Austin and Wood are gone, who else?

Hilbert, Scott, Westcott, Dyson, Gregory, Bagley, Coleman, Kim, Roosendaal, Carder, Stevenson, Coe are all graduating.

Sorry to say it but I've watched Mt Baker play twice now and both times they did not impress me. CC played sloppy the first time and gave them a win and Freeman just straight dominated Baker. Congrats on getting there. You earned the right to play in that game as you found a way to win however I stand by my statement that CC was the better team. Again, congratulations and you have secured bragging rights for a year. Both teams were very classy and fun to watch. Hopefully they will see each other again next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT